Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-29-2022, 03:30 PM   #1
RiversideAitch#
RiversideAitch# began at the beginning.

Device: None
Problem with transfer from Calibre to iPad.

I am trying to put my book collection - currently in Calibre on my PC - to my Calibre Companion on an iPad. I follow the clear instructions and.current verions everywhere but so far haven't made it work. "Could not find Calibre' is the message on screen.

One possibility is that the 'Sending books to device' image is not showing on the Calibre page . Why it has gone AWOL I don't know as it used to be there. It is in Preferences -import/export but I can't transfer it to the top of the page in the Library where it should be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy New Year everyone.

H

Last edited by RiversideAitch#; 12-29-2022 at 03:33 PM.
RiversideAitch# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 03:53 PM   #2
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversideAitch# View Post
I am trying to put my book collection - currently in Calibre on my PC - to my Calibre Companion on an iPad. I follow the clear instructions and.current verions everywhere but so far haven't made it work. "Could not find Calibre' is the message on screen.

One possibility is that the 'Sending books to device' image is not showing on the Calibre page . Why it has gone AWOL I don't know as it used to be there. It is in Preferences -import/export but I can't transfer it to the top of the page in the Library where it should be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy New Year everyone.

H
I think Calibre changes one of the icons on the menu to send books AFTER a device is connected and a book(s) is selected. Not sure, but I don't remember whether the send to device ever appeared as a default.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote