Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 08-18-2019, 11:50 AM   #841
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
It might be PD in the US. But it doesn't matter, MobileRead follows life+70, so no.
So ask again in 2049
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:12 AM   #842
iwayasu
iwayasu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3
Ah I see.
I'm planning to buy the book and read it on my kindle.
It is published by HarperCollins and its available from amazon, kobo and nook.
I would like to de-DRM it after purchasing.
Which version would be the easiest (or most likely to work)?
I live in a country where amazon doesn't offer it on kindle anyways so buying through them would not be less troublesome.
iwayasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:21 AM   #843
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Kobo DRM removal is still easy, I think, if getting it from Amazon isn't an option. If concerned, try with a free (but still DRMed) ebook first.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:29 PM   #844
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Does anyone fancy making an epub version of George Gissing's New Grub Street? I have the Gutenberg version (converted to azw3) but it's painful to read: paragraphs have spaces between them and other annoying typographical things.

So I came here to find a nice version, but none exists. Please make one.

Thanks.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 03:47 PM   #845
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Working on it...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:43 AM   #846
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, doubleshuffle.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:19 PM   #847
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Up now: epub azw3
Old 01-01-2020, 02:03 PM   #848
BookCat
C L J

I've been looking for A Welsh Witch by Allen Raine, but I can't find this anywhere in e-format. It was published in 1901 and the author died in 1908, so I presume that it's in the public domain.

Does anyone fancy making an epub please?

Old 01-01-2020, 04:49 PM   #849
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just had a proper look at the thread title and it should also mention that requesting creative commons eBooks is allowed as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 03:53 AM   #850
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I've been looking for A Welsh Witch by Allen Raine, but I can't find this anywhere in e-format. It was published in 1901 and the author died in 1908, so I presume that it's in the public domain.

Does anyone fancy making an epub please?

I can't even find a scan of this. It seems the book only exists in printed form. No luck then, unless someone could get their hands on, and would be willing to scan, a copy.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:10 AM   #851
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It's on the Kindle https://www.amazon.co.uk/Welsh-Witch...=UTF8&qid=&sr=, anyone could extract the text from a digital copy (possibly borrowed from a library?)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 05:20 AM   #852
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Oh, indeed. Somehow I never look at Amazon. If someone provided me with the text, I'd be willing to make a nice epub from it.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:14 PM   #853
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Oh, indeed. Somehow I never look at Amazon. If someone provided me with the text, I'd be willing to make a nice epub from it.
I have both text and pdf (from google books). The text needs som proof-reading (very little, judging from the first chapter). I can PM it, if you like?)

Regards

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:45 PM   #854
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibrarian View Post
I have both text and pdf (from google books). The text needs som proof-reading (very little, judging from the first chapter). I can PM it, if you like?)

Regards

Kim
Yes, that would be great!
Old 01-04-2020, 02:30 PM   #855
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Yes, that would be great!
Done …

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote