TWRP only work in CONSOLE

Download Twrp and SuperSu
https://mega.nz/file/kYxjibqT#gqmriW...z8RPuY8V9BV98w

1. RK_Driver_Assistant_
2. RK_Android_Tool_
a. load config_16.cfg
b. SWITCH to LOADER
c. Flash twrp.img
3. After the flash IMMEDIATELY boot into recovery (may replace recovery)
or (-- Adb_run >>> A - Adb / Fastboot manual input)

++++5. TWRP Console -- Root -- SuperSu
a. 1SupersuInstall.zip
b. 2supersu2.zip

6. Reboot

Fake Wifi (Xposed Module)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fakewifi&hl=ru

AnyDesk - need enable - background process
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...anydeskandroid
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	!!.png
Views:	780
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	180735  
alex83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:16 AM   #2
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
Thank you for this valuable information!

Does this work for all RK3368 based Boyue reader devices?

Which specific device were you able to root this way?
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:05 PM   #3
alex83
alex83 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by orebmur View Post
all RK3368 based Boyue reader devices?
yes, all.

First recommended make dump from rkDumper
alex83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 12:52 PM   #4
blank
blank began at the beginning.

Device: Alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex83 View Post

Download Twrp and SuperSu
https://mega.nz/file/kYxjibqT#gqmriW...z8RPuY8V9BV98w

1. RK_Driver_Assistant_
2. RK_Android_Tool_
a. load config_16.cfg
b. SWITCH to LOADER
c. Flash twrp.img
3. After the flash IMMEDIATELY boot into recovery (may replace recovery)
or (-- Adb_run >>> A - Adb / Fastboot manual input)

++++5. TWRP Console -- Root -- SuperSu
a. 1SupersuInstall.zip
b. 2supersu2.zip

6. Reboot

Fake Wifi (Xposed Module)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fakewifi&hl=ru

AnyDesk - need enable - background process
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...anydeskandroid
Do you have a github repo for the sources?
blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:03 PM   #5
mobilemead
mobilemead began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
I tried following this but I couldn't figure out how to reboot into recovery after flashing. Now my device is stuck booting forever when I try to turn it on. It doesn't respond to adb, fastboot or the loader. Any way I can get it back into recovery or bootloader mode?
mobilemead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:40 PM   #6
mobilemead
mobilemead began at the beginning.

Sorry for double post, it won't let me edit. I made it to recovery, for anyone else that gets stuck in the same situation, you can just hold the power button until the loader stops. Then press and hold the reset button, hold the power button until it starts booting again, and continue to hold reset until it reaches recovery.

But unfortunately I still can't get it to boot, I guess I'll have to reinstall stock firmware.. For anyone else wanting to try this, may want to backup first..
mobilemead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 05:50 AM   #7
Waldy
Connoisseur
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo,Tolino,BN,PB,Kindle,Likebook,Inkbook
@mobilemead
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=18
Waldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 11:58 AM   #8
MustardOrMayo
Connoisseur
MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mimas (main) + (many others)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex83 View Post
That adds to my suspicion that the native LCD interface (whether it be TTL, LVDS, or eDP) of the RK3368 had been bypassed, supressed, or otherwise disabled, and that Boyue may have been using all or part of a reference design from E-ink to drive the display, more specifically, at least the same IT8951 chip used on their "ICE" evaluation board (also the Waveshare IT8951 driver board that appears to be a compatible board with additional features), however, while I had taken apart my Likebook Muses (which I bought as a parts device for $20 and fixed as part of an iFixit guide I'm writing) and took photos of both sides of the mainboard (and more), the IT8951 chip, if it's used, is most likely located under the same metal can the RK3386 is located under. If it does in fact use a IT8951, we'd need to find the hardware addresses, and possibly port FBInk to it, but I feel that the KOReader team may have already found those GPIO addresses.
MustardOrMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 06:13 AM   #9
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Has anyone tried this on Likebook P78 or P10?
mergen3107 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:22 AM   #10
toancv
Connoisseur
toancv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite, Likebook Mars, Kobo Aura Ed. 2, Kobo Touch
Hi, any chance for rockchip RK3326 (Likebook P6 device)?
toancv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:38 AM   #11
jonn.doe
jonn.doe began at the beginning.

To mergen3107

P10 is based on the Rockchip RK3066 (according to CPU Z)
jonn.doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 06:25 PM   #12
TifyHab
TifyHab began at the beginning.

Device: BoYue LemonRead S62A
I'm sad to say none of the provided TWRP firmwares supplied here worked for me on my BoYue LemonRead S62A. It's an unusual failure too: The flashing succeeds but when the device reboots, it lands in the default recovery as if nothing was written. My best guess is that BoYue modified the bootloader to overwrite the recovery with a copy if it's been modified. The reason I believe this to be the case is that I still managed to root using the same tools by modifying the system image itself following the procedure here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=326914

Anyhow, thanks for providing the tools and instruction on how to use the dumper.
TifyHab is offline   Reply With Quote