Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
"create a collection" - grayed out?

right, i seem to have a tiny problem when i try to create a collection on the K3 - it's not accessible. it's grayed out and the cursor just jumps to the next option...

now, i've looked around, and all i've seen are instructions on how to create a collection but not what to do when this option is not "clickable"

am i making sense? has anyone come across this before?

thanks for yours help! and sorry if i haven't researched it properly before jumping you

Last edited by TenaciousBadger; 09-03-2010 at 05:26 PM.
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
I think this is usually because its not registered........go into setting and click on register device and enter your Amazon account details, this should do it.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
BabyD is right - you can only create collections when the Kindle is registered otherwise that option is unavailable. Click on Menu then Settings to register your device.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:32 AM   #4
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
thanks! after a good night's sleep i figured out this might be the reason as well.
it is registered (i downloaded some books from my amazon account especially for the K3 and it recognized them) but i gotta get it to a wifi area for the whispernet to find me

muchas gracias again!
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:12 AM   #5
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
glad you got it sorted
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
readslow
readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Be aware that the Kindle will not allow periodicals to be put in collections so you will get the same behavior from those, i.e. grayed out menu selection.
readslow is offline   Reply With Quote