Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 12:48 PM   #16
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
If I may ask, what process/settings do you use?
My results are... inconsistent... when I go from Word to rtf or html to calibre.
I've taken to going from word to .LIT to .epub to get consistent results on Tocs and chapter splits. (Which is no big problem since Calibre is very fast doing .lit to .epub.)
D'you have any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!
Hi fjtorres, I will reply to this later this evening if that's OK. I need to try to organise my thoughts so I can write something coherent.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:47 PM   #17
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Hi fjtorres, I will reply to this later this evening if that's OK. I need to try to organise my thoughts so I can write something coherent.
No, rush.
At your convenience.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 02:00 PM   #18
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almiel View Post
I'm guessing this refers to the fix you made regarding images in adobeviewer running off the screen. I fixed that by using css to make the image's height = 99% (if I want it "full screen") -- the width will adjust automatically in proportion.
I'm using PB v15.2 AdobeViewer which is better with EPUB internal images than v14.2. As long as I view with Zoomlevel<4, I don't have any problems. If I Zoom to levels 4-6 then all images (except the cover) expand quite a lot. Any image over a particular size will therefore run off the screen. This must be a bug and I did report it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almiel View Post
Could you post a misbehaving epub here and I'll try it out? If I have problems too I could look at the code and maybe see what's wrong.
Sent you a PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:15 PM   #19
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
If I may ask, what process/settings do you use?
My results are... inconsistent... when I go from Word to rtf or html to calibre.
I've taken to going from word to .LIT to .epub to get consistent results on Tocs and chapter splits. (Which is no big problem since Calibre is very fast doing .lit to .epub.)
D'you have any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!
Finally got a draft together for you in the attached epub. Needless to say it should have a working TOC.

I don't claim to be an expert but I have documented the approach I use to create an EPUB with working TOC from various source formats using various methods including MSWord and Calibre.

Edit: I'm not sure it really belongs in this thread
Attached Files
File Type: epub epubTOC.epub (108.3 KB, 216 views)
Old 08-31-2010, 11:41 PM   #20
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Well, I got your doc so if you want to delete or move to a separate thread...
Thanks for the info; hopefully I'll see what I'm doing wrong.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 08:48 AM   #21
mysweety
Connoisseur
mysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the rough

Device: Hanlin V3, PB360
Hi. I have just finished making an epub with sigil 0.2.4 and have no problem seeing the images as thumbnails both vertical and horizontal. Used the method as in the sigil tutorial. Could be something in the contents file or the size/color type of the image.
mysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #22
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you for responding, mysweety. I ruled out a problem with the cover image itself by attaching the cover to a different epub. It worked fine. Similarly I tried a cover from a working thumbnail epub on my non-working epub. This didn't work. The problem followed the book, not the cover.

Member Almiel kindly checked out my non-working epub on her PB360 which is running firmware v14.2. It worked fine there. I'm running v15.2. Consequently I don't intend to do anymore with this problem until the new firmware, v15.3, comes out.