Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
What useful purpose does the blinking LED light serve?

Could anyone tell me what the purpose might be of having the LED light blink when one turns a page?

I notice that the blinking gets a lot more frequent after I upgraded to v0.35k and now v0.35m.

Wondering why it's there in the first place..
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I suspect that it is like the hard drive activity led on your PC, It is there so, if you know
what your hardware is supposed to be doing and it is not supposed to be accessing
what the led is monitoring, you can see that.

Now what activity the led may be monitoring, I know not. Normally, too much activity
is a bad sign.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Usefull purpose,

#1 when I push the power button I know its waking up.

#2 when I push the page turn I know its thinking about it, or if its not blinking I know I need to push it again.

#3 The rest of the time its like "Hey boss, I'm here, I'm working, be right with ya, all is well!"

#4 When it blinks, and blinks, and blinks, and nothing happens I have a pretty good idea its saying. "Sorry boss, having a bad hair day, NOTHING is going right, I'm stuck! Danger Will Rob .......Danger Wi.... Dang... Dang push the reset already will ya!"

Last edited by GhostHawk; 08-17-2010 at 08:36 AM.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
abadboy
abadboy doesn't litterabadboy doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I put a small piece of duct tape on it, then blacked it out with a magic marker.
It was very distracting / annoying.
abadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by abadboy View Post
I put a small piece of duct tape on it, then blacked it out with a magic marker.
I bet you tear that label off of furniture too...
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHARKAVY View Post
I bet you tear that label off of furniture too...
Why not? It's his reader and furniture; he can do whatever he wants. Btw, that warning on mattress labels saying DO NOT REMOVE applies only to the retailer, not the consumer.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #7
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I use it as an indication that it "hears me" when I ask it to do something. If I ask it to search for something, for example, and it doesn't jump instantly to another screen, I look to see if it's flashing. If it is, I don't keep pressing buttons because therein lies madness.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:29 PM   #8
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Why not? It's his reader and furniture; he can do whatever he wants. Btw, that warning on mattress labels saying DO NOT REMOVE applies only to the retailer, not the consumer.
I need a sarcasm smiley....
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #9
CraneTseng
CraneTseng began at the beginning.

Device: JetBook Lite (Black), Pandigital Novel 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
Could anyone tell me what the purpose might be of having the LED light blink when one turns a page?
Nothing but it look soooooo nice....
Yeth Marther!
CraneTseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #10
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraneTseng View Post
Nothing but it look soooooo nice....
Yeth Marther!
It does have a bit of a geeky appeal (not a put down, btw). I had never noticed it on my JBL. I had to dig it out of my purse to see what it was. Now it's going to drive me INSANE! Thanks for ruining my JBL reading experience, greenapple! Ack!

(The above was said with tongue firmly in cheek.)

Last edited by Lady Fitzgerald; 08-18-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #11
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Drives me absolutely nuts. I put a piece of black electrical tape on it, and a piece of white electrical tape over that. (The white alone was not enough to hide the blinking in dim light.)
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:16 AM   #12
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
Ha ha, at least your thread got some attention. Look at the date on mine. So much for firmware upgrades.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45538
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:47 AM   #13
Number_6
Enthusiast
Number_6 doesn't litterNumber_6 doesn't litter

Device: Barnes and Noble Nook Wi-fi, Ectaco jetBookLite, Nokia N810, Nokia 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by abadboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
Drives me absolutely nuts. I put a piece of black electrical tape on it, and a piece of white electrical tape over that. (The white alone was not enough to hide the blinking in dim light.)
I guess I'm fortunate to not be so easily distracted. When I'm concentrating on reading, I don't notice a tiny LED light. Now the wife and kids can be distracting/annoying when trying to read, but unless I had a bad case of A.D.D. I have better things to worry about than a little LED light.

I'm glad it's there so I can tell if the JBL is having a problem. I've put some large encyclopedias on it and the light can give me a good indication if the ebook is loading properly or if I'm giving it more than it can handle.
Number_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:04 AM   #14
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
I don't understand why my jetbook's LED is blinking so frequently, even when I'm not pressing a button to turn a page. It blinks about every 2 seconds. I don't know which ebooks triggered it, but once triggered, it'd continue to blink non-stop, even when I switched to different books. The madness would stop only when I do a hard reset of the reader. But it would happen again.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #15
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
I don't understand why my jetbook's LED is blinking so frequently, even when I'm not pressing a button to turn a page. It blinks about every 2 seconds. I don't know which ebooks triggered it, but once triggered, it'd continue to blink non-stop, even when I switched to different books. The madness would stop only when I do a hard reset of the reader. But it would happen again.
Same here. That's why I covered it.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote