Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-28-2010, 05:32 AM   #1
dw_prieto
dw_prieto began at the beginning.

Device: none
which device should i buy?

Hi, i´m thinking in buying a ereader, but i cannot decide of which one.
I only want it to read books, not to study or read newspaper, and my problem is that i have used a friends ereader of 6" display, and i want it bigger, but i have been searching for biggers readers and the only one that looks great is the kindle dx, but i dont know if its too big (:S), and of course is too expensive. Other thing im thinking is the ipad, but dont know if its confortable read there without e-ink
So which should i buy, a 6" device or a larger one?? is confortable reading in a 6" device a few hours per day??, and in the case thats better the larger one, which is better, the kindle dx or the ipad??

Sorry for my bad english :P

Last edited by dw_prieto; 04-28-2010 at 12:08 PM.
dw_prieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:12 AM   #2
dw_prieto

well, im a 14 guy from spain, i have been saving money for a year, and i will really apreciate your help, so please, answer me
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 05:38 AM   #3
tablettweet
Connoisseur
tablettweet began at the beginning.

Device: IPad 1&2,IPod Touch 4G, DXG, Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle Touch
I recommended that before you will choose e-book reader, You should read my 20 Useful information for Kindle buyer posting first. For the size, I think 6 inch Kindle is big enough for book reading. This is my recommendation about buying Kindle or IPad. If you are a hardcore e-book reader and you are already have laptop or tablet to use it for work on the go, you should buy IPad. If you don't have laptop, IPod or any tablet device, and also would like to works, plays game, watch movie on the go I think you should buy IPad
tablettweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:20 AM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, dw_prieto.

I don't know what is available for you in Spain. Everyone is different and what is best depends on what you will be reading. The MobileRead Wiki has the E-book Reader Matrix with information on many Readers.

No sé lo que está disponible para usted en España. Cada persona es diferente y lo que es mejor depende de lo que cada persona necesita..

Hay un foro en español sobre lectores electronicos. http://www.lectoreselectronicos.com/content.php Tal vez usted pueda encontrar más información sobre de lo que está disponible y donde se puede comprar un lectore electronico.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #5
dw_prieto

Ok, im going to see the two pages and compare what im looking for and the offers
thanks you very much ^^
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Also check out http://www.electronicreading.eu/.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I am a Kindle fan, that because I own one. It works for what i need it for. The font size is ok for me and tons of accessories that meet my needs
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote