Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
momghoti
Zealot
momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Bookeen
Mixed-up thumbnail images

I've recently installed the latest (6.36) version of Calibre--I hadn't played with it for a while so I had to uninstall the old version and start over. The computer hung during the uninstall and required a reboot, but I could not find any sign of the old Calibre so went ahead and installed the new version. Two problems I've noticed, though. Calibre won't read the metadata for some of the ebooks I'm trying to import--which I'm guessing is a problem with the ebook--and for some reason the thumbnails in the library are completely mixed up. If I view the book the right cover is shown, and the right cover is in the metadata, but the library and the info window below the library show a different thumbnail. I'd delete the files and re-add them but the books are all stored under numbers--I have no idea which book is what; it's one of the reasons I'm so excited about Calibre. I'd like to get this figured out before I add any more books....
Thanks!
momghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just restart calibre and your covers should be fine. (you have to fully restart dont leve it running in the system tray
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #3
momghoti
Zealot
momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'd tried that already, but just in case I didn't get the system tray I did it again and rebooted...er...to boot. One of the books that was mixed up is correct now, but there are many others that are still wrong. They aren't swapped--that is, say the thumbnail for 'Wolfsbane and Mistletoe' is 'Around the World in 80 Days' while the thumbnail for 'Around the World in 80 Days' is 'Playing With Fire'. The thumbnail for 'Playing with Fire' is correct. Would it be worth uninstalling calibre and reinstalling? Sounds like a pain but I haven't done too many books yet....

I miss ABQ--I went to school in Socorro. Love that green chile!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
momghoti
Zealot

Hmmmm. I just noticed something....at least one of the titles has a thumbnail for a book that I haven't added to Calibre yet.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you dont have a lot of books in your database, i suggest just deleting them and starting over and make sure you aren't importing books from inside the folder you chose for your calibre library.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
momghoti
Zealot

Hooray! That seems to be it. I thought I'd deleted that file before I installed the new version.... You've made a great program...