Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 03:15 PM   #241
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Yes and yes. Still doesn't work...
I'm out of ideas then sorry

It's very strange that it works for some people and not others.
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:19 PM   #242
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
I'm out of ideas then sorry

It's very strange that it works for some people and not others.
There are other ways to get it... (and no, I don't feel bad about doing it, as I did pay for the book and won't return it, I just won't be able to download it from my bookshelf)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 03:22 PM   #243
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
There are other ways to get it... (and no, I don't feel bad about doing it, as I did pay for the book and won't return it, I just won't be able to download it from my bookshelf)
I totally agree with you, I do everything I can to get my books legally, however if I have stupid reasons put in front of me to stop me from doing so (such as said geographical crap) then I have no compunctions about straying to the dark side to get them.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #244
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hmm.. perhaps they're checking the Issuer Identification number at the start of the CC number. Weird.

Quote:
I do have one listed, my old one (at least, I can see that number when I go to another ereader book I've bought a long time ago). I can download my other two ereader books without problems with it. The Dan Brown says:

GEOGRAPHIC RESTRICTIONS: Only available to customers in: US, CA
Credit Card needed to verify download. Click here to set it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #245
angryvegan
angryvegan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
It does look like they have changed something, I have had no issues buying books with micropay until today when I ordered the Dan Brown book, the purchase went thru but it won't let me download it from my bookshelf unless I enter a credit card (won't use the card I already have registered), changing the credit card address to the USA doesn't work.

Now I wait to see if they will refund it since they won't deliver it.

Stupid greedy publishers.

EDIT: Seems to be just this book..?

Last edited by angryvegan; 09-16-2009 at 01:23 AM.
angryvegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 03:40 AM   #246
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryvegan View Post
It does look like they have changed something, I have had no issues buying books with micropay until today when I ordered the Dan Brown book, the purchase went thru but it won't let me download it from my bookshelf unless I enter a credit card (won't use the card I already have registered), changing the credit card address to the USA doesn't work.

Now I wait to see if they will refund it since they won't deliver it.

Stupid greedy publishers.

EDIT: Seems to be just this book..?
It might be every secure ereader book. As that one needs a CC to download. As mobipocket is my preferred format, I've only ever bought 1 other ereader format book (that other book was a replacement for a mobipocket version earlier this year).
Old 09-16-2009, 04:30 AM   #247
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrete View Post
Has fictionwise started tightening their relaxed procedures for geographical restrictions? The last few times I've tried to buy something from them in september with my creditcard and land set to US I get this message: The only thing in red is my address and the only invalid thing there is the country. When I changed it to Norway and bought some ebooks without geografic restrictions then it went through without problems. Anyone else had the same problems?

My fictionwise buywise club doesn't expire untill 2012, bought a 5 year membership 2 years ago and now it seems it's going to be a waste of money if I can't buy the books I want

Get your money back - i got mine refunded ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:32 AM   #248
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
I've just tried that with my UK Visa Debit card and it didn't work It appears they do check the address either for some countries or for some card issuers.

Oh well I'll have to buy some Micropay Dollars by the look of things...

...and then the discounts won't be applied ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #249
Mnementh
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
...and then the discounts won't be applied ...
It's only the big discounts and special offers that you don't get, you still get the club price and 15% rebates etc.

There's very few books I buy that have 100% rebates so it's not too bad for me. I've also just got an entropay CC which I'm gonna try shortly, if that works then all is good
Old 09-16-2009, 11:02 AM   #250
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

I wish they would put a list up on what those regions are:

CA, PH, PR, UM, US, VI

CA I presume is Canada
US I presume is the USA

But the others?

The last book I bought with 100% rebate is LOTR.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #251
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
I wish they would put a list up on what those regions are:

CA, PH, PR, UM, US, VI

CA I presume is Canada
US I presume is the USA

But the others?

The last book I bought with 100% rebate is LOTR.
ISO 3166-1 to the rescue!

Canada
Philippines
Puerto Rico
United States Minor Outlying Islands
United States
Virgin Islands, U.S.

Last edited by acidzebra; 09-16-2009 at 11:08 AM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:08 AM   #252
Mnementh
Groupie

Woohoo, Entropay worked, put in a Us address and just bought 6 geo-restricted books

I'm happy again.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #253
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Now you can translate this list

Quote:
GEOGRAPHIC RESTRICTIONS: Only available to customers in: AD, AE, AF, AG, AL, AM, AN, AO, AQ, AR, AS, AT, AW, AZ, BA, BB, BD, BE, BF, BG, BH, BI, BJ, BM, BN, BO, BR, BS, BT, BV, BW, BY, BZ, CA, CC, CD, CF, CG, CH, CI, CK, CL, CM, CN, CO, CR, CU, CV, CX, CY, CZ, DE, DJ, DK, DM, DO, DZ, EC, EE, EG, EH, ER, ES, ET, FI, FK, FM, FO, FR, GA, GD, GE, GF, GI, GL, GM, GN, GP, GQ, GR, GS, GT, GU, GW, GY
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:14 PM   #254
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Now you can translate this list
AD - ANDORRA
AE - UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
AF - AFGHANISTAN
AG - ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
AL - ALBANIA
AM - ARMENIA
AN - NETHERLANDS ANTILLES
AO - ANGOLA
AQ - ANTARCTICA
AR - ARGENTINA
AS - AMERICAN SAMOA
AT - AUSTRIA
AW - ARUBA
AZ - AZERBAIJAN
BA - BOSNIA AND HERZEGOWINA
BB - BARBADOS
BD - BANGLADESH
BE - BELGIUM
BF - BURKINA FASO
BG - BULGARIA
BH - BAHRAIN
BI - BURUNDI
BJ - BENIN
BM - BERMUDA
BN - BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
BO - BOLIVIA
BR - BRAZIL
BS - BAHAMAS
BT - BHUTAN
BV - BOUVET ISLAND
BW - BOTSWANA
BY - BELARUS
BZ - BELIZE
CA - CANADA
CC - COCOS (KEELING) ISLANDS
CD - CONGO, THE DRC
CF - CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
CG - CONGO
CH - SWITZERLAND
CI - COTE D'IVOIRE
CK - COOK ISLANDS
CL - CHILE
CM - CAMEROON
CN - CHINA
CO - COLOMBIA
CR - COSTA RICA
CU - CUBA
CV - CAPE VERDE
CX - CHRISTMAS ISLAND
CY - CYPRUS
CZ - CZECH REPUBLIC
DE - GERMANY
DJ - DJIBOUTI
DK - DENMARK
DM - DOMINICA
DO - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
DZ - ALGERIA
EC - ECUADOR
EE - ESTONIA
EG - EGYPT
EH - WESTERN SAHARA
ER - ERITREA
ES - SPAIN
ET - ETHIOPIA
FI - FINLAND
FK - FALKLAND ISLANDS (MALVINAS)
FM - MICRONESIA, FEDERATED STATES OF
FO - FAROE ISLANDS
FR - FRANCE
GA - GABON
GD - GRENADA
GE - GEORGIA
GF - FRENCH GUIANA
GI - GIBRALTAR
GL - GREENLAND
GM - GAMBIA
GN - GUINEA
GP - GUADELOUPE
GQ - EQUATORIAL GUINEA
GR - GREENLAND
GS - SOUTH GEORGIA AND SOUTH S.S.
GT - GUATEMALA
GU - GUAM
GW - GUINEA-BISSAU
GY - GUYANA

AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #255
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Yes, I know , and I find my country yesterday
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote