Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
bxrLvr
Connoisseur
bxrLvr doesn't litterbxrLvr doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
used mobi2mobi - no longer indexable?

Hi,

I used mobi2mobi to change the meta data on a book I purchased from Amazon and it seems like my Kindle is no longer able to index the book. I had it on the Kindle for at least 4 days and when I tried to do a search in the book today, it said the book had not yet been indexed. I downloaded the original from my archives and within 5 min, it was indexed and I was able to search thru it.

This is the mobi2mobi command I ran:
mobi2mobi "Nineteen Eighty Four 1984 by Geo-asin_B001MCBEU0-type_EBOK-v_0.azw" --outfile "Nineteen Eighty Four.azw" --author "Orwell, George"

This it the book: http://www.amazon.com/Nineteen-Eight...8634695&sr=1-1

Any ideas? Anyone else run into this issue?

I have not run into this with any other book, but all my other books are public domain books from feedbooks etc.

-Tina
bxrLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
bxrLvr
Connoisseur

so no one else has run into this problem? or is this a known issue??
Advert
Old 04-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Strange. Maybe if thinks the book is already indexed but when trying to access the index by searching it notices that it is not there.

Maybe you can try to remove the book from the Kindle and then copy your modified version to the Kindel?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Since it's an AZW file, maybe there's some requirement that the file name match something that's inside the metadata and by renaming the file you've prevented it from doing some kind of validity check and therefore interfered with the indexing. As an experiment, after running mobi2mobi, rename the output to the exact name of the original file and then see if it will index.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxrLvr View Post
so no one else has run into this problem?
I never have, and I regularly edit metatada on my .azw books.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #6
bxrLvr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Since it's an AZW file, maybe there's some requirement that the file name match something that's inside the metadata and by renaming the file you've prevented it from doing some kind of validity check and therefore interfered with the indexing. As an experiment, after running mobi2mobi, rename the output to the exact name of the original file and then see if it will index.
keeping the exact name of the original file seem to have fixed my problem, thanks!!

too bad I just noticed that my screen fades in sunlight already contacted amazon, will be receiving a new one soon.