Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-07-2017, 09:26 PM   #1
bhyde
bhyde is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
KAO overdrive - multiple libraries?

Is there a nice solution to managing multiple public libraries? Currently I'm logging out of one and logging into another each time.

Thanks.

ps. Also doing all my search on other devices.
pps. I was pleased that it successfully down loaded a book which the library claimed to only have in mobi format.
bhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:45 PM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
currently there isn't support for multiple libraries, back when the KA1 was released I, and other purchasers of the KA1, told Kobo Support we wanted this feature added. If it's something you want I'd suggest doing the same, you can do so from Kobo's website using the 'contact us' link.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2017, 10:00 PM   #3
bhyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
... isn't support for multiple libraries...
Thanks, I'll stop looking then
Old 07-08-2017, 10:00 AM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyde View Post
Is there a nice solution to managing multiple public libraries? Currently I'm logging out of one and logging into another each time.

Thanks.

ps. Also doing all my search on other devices.
pps. I was pleased that it successfully down loaded a book which the library claimed to only have in mobi format.
You are not down loading your book from the public library but down loading it from Kobo's servers when your Kobo reader syncs with Kobo's servers. It can do this now because Kobo bought Overdrive the company and program that most libraries use to down load libraries barrowed books onto e-readers.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:25 AM   #5
dwoolley
dwoolley will become famous soon enoughdwoolley will become famous soon enoughdwoolley will become famous soon enoughdwoolley will become famous soon enoughdwoolley will become famous soon enoughdwoolley will become famous soon enough

Device: Aura One, H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyde View Post
Thanks, I'll stop looking then
There seems to be an indirect way to do this using Libby (also from Overdrive) which does support multiple libraries.

Add your libraries to the Libby app, choose whatever books you want in that app and at least in my experience the Aura One now downloads from the multiple libraries configured within Libby.

This behaviour is different for me that the old Overdrive app (would only sync with the one Library configured on the Aura One) which also had multiple library support.

As a side benefit, my H20 then syncs the same books once the Aura One has downloaded them.
dwoolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2017, 12:47 PM   #6
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
dwoolley, do you have to set your OD to Automatic Hold Checkout for it to work with KA1?

I'm on PW currently but really want a larger screen reader. I went from Nook to PW and I have to say the jump has been a big improvement--I really like everything about the Amazon e-reader experience...except for the screen size.

I ask about Automatic Hold Checkout because I like to sync my checkouts so books are finished followed by a new book almost immediately. My method is to have all my books in OD's Hold section on Suspension. I then curate my 3 library systems lists so I'm not left too long inbetween books. As I come close to finishing book, I delete the suspension of my next available book (how far in advance I do this dependent on how close I am to finishing a book and number of copies the library has of the next book) and when it's available, I get the email notification. Ideally, the new book is ready to download within 1 or 2 before/after I finish reading the current book. I dare not use Automatic Hold Checkout as I figure it would over-ride my suspensions.
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:49 PM   #7
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

dwoolley, are you using the Libby app on your smartphone/tablet? Or on KA1? Thanks.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:08 PM   #8
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdonline View Post
dwoolley, are you using the Libby app on your smartphone/tablet? Or on KA1? Thanks.
It would be on a tablet or phone, there's no Libby app for Kobo e-ink devices.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #9
tdonline
Addict

Thanks MGlictch.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:06 AM   #10
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoolley View Post
There seems to be an indirect way to do this using Libby (also from Overdrive) which does support multiple libraries.
Add your libraries to the Libby app, choose whatever books you want in that app and at least in my experience the Aura One now downloads from the multiple libraries configured within Libby.
Thank you for sharing! I confirm that it works. Very nice!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:32 PM   #11
dwoolley
dwoolley will become famous soon enoughdwoolley will become famous soon enoughdwoolley will become famous soon enoughdwoolley will become famous soon enoughdwoolley will become famous soon enoughdwoolley will become famous soon enough

Device: Aura One, H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdonline View Post
dwoolley, do you have to set your OD to Automatic Hold Checkout for it to work with KA1?
Yes...Automatic Hold Checkout is set
dwoolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:20 AM   #12
bhyde

Libby is nice,yes. Thanks. My current approach is to just have the N libraries' apps, or to use a bigger 'puter.

FYI the cool thing abt Libby turned out to be that if you look up a library you can scroll down and see the stats for their collection. For example Brooklyn's public library has more fiction than any other I peeked at. And they have a scheme that let's you buy access.

Last edited by bhyde; 07-28-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:55 AM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
You are not down loading your book from the public library but down loading it from Kobo's servers when your Kobo reader syncs with Kobo's servers. It can do this now because Kobo bought Overdrive the company and program that most libraries use to down load libraries barrowed books onto e-readers.
Minor correction, Rakuten which is the company that owns Kobo were the purchasers of Overdrive.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:21 AM   #14
bhyde

Actually, Los Angeles is currently the one with the largest fiction collection I've encountered. No idea if they sell access though.