Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 06-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
Tired 'N Grumpy
Connoisseur
Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad/ibooks
Verne, Jules: Facing The Flag [illustrated]. v1. 18 June 2014

Book 42 in the Voyages Extraordinaires

In FACING THE FLAG, a brilliant scientist invents a super-weapon, which threatens France and the entire world.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Facing the Flag - Jules Verne.epub (5.04 MB, 513 views)
Tired 'N Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #2
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Thanks again!

On page 67.8 of 327 the text line "luxury enjoyed by the favored of fortune, no one, as a matter of fact, knew who he was, nor whence he came, nor whither he was going." is sometimes above and sometimes through the image with the legend "A man in the bows held on to her with a boat-hook". Any idea what might cause this?
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #3
Tired 'N Grumpy
Connoisseur
Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tired 'N Grumpy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Markismus,

No unfortunately I've no idea. I've seen what you describe in the past, but I don't see it much anymore on my iBooks, but not because I changed anything in my CSS or markup. I assume it to be a rendering error on the part of the app. Try changing the font size to see if it changes how that image and surrounding text get rendered. If anyone has suggestions I am open to them.

Thanks
TnG
Old 06-20-2014, 03:30 PM   #4
DomesticExtremis
Addict
DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: default
I see this too in the calibre e-book viewer.

I wonder if it might be the figure/figcaption tags that
aren't too well supported on all readers...on my Kobo mini,
these are ignored using the ADE renderer (epub2) but behave
better witht eh epub3 renderer (i.e. when converted to .kepub).
DomesticExtremis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #5
Tired 'N Grumpy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomesticExtremis View Post
I wonder if it might be the figure/figcaption tags
Doesn't look that way...I just took the fig and figcaption tags out of that div and it still displays incorrectly in Caliber e-book viewer.
TnG
Advert