Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Question Indenting first line of each paragraph?

How do I indent the first line of each paragraph in Sigil when creating an ePub? Hitting "Tab" didn't work, and I couldn't find anything in the Tools or manual that seemed to be what I wanted.

Is there a simple way to do this, like something I can choose from one of the menus? Or do I have to insert some kind of code at the beginning of each paragraph?

I'm very new to all this--thanks!
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
That's usually achieved with CSS. The "text-indent" attribute is what you're looking for.

In the CSS file:
Code:
p {  
  text-indent: 1.2em;  
  }
Then in the HTML file:
Code:
<head>
  <title>My Html file</title>
  <link href="../Styles/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>
The above html code sssumes you have created a style sheet named stylesheet.css in your ePub (right-click on the "Styles" folder in the Book Browser and select "Add Blank Stylesheet" if you don't have a style sheet yet. Just make sure the file name is the same as what goes in the <link> tag above).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2012, 02:01 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Just as an additional clarification, the change in the HTML file must be done while in CodeView instead of BookView.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Thanks for the info on how to create a stylesheet where one does not exist. I hadn't tumbled to it yet, since I mostly modify existing epubs.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sigil