Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
crackerjax
crackerjax began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wireless
Question odd text inserted into ebook

i have tried to find if someone else has posted about this already, but have been unsuccessfull, so if there is already a thread, i appologize.

I am absolutely thrilled that calibre can convert pdf to epub, but i get this line inserted on every page or so: "Generated by ABC Amber LIT Converter, http://www.processtext.com/abclit.html"

is there any way to get rid of this? or must i just ignore it while i read the books?
crackerjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjax View Post
i have tried to find if someone else has posted about this already, but have been unsuccessfull, so if there is already a thread, i appologize.

I am absolutely thrilled that calibre can convert pdf to epub, but i get this line inserted on every page or so: "Generated by ABC Amber LIT Converter, http://www.processtext.com/abclit.html"

is there any way to get rid of this? or must i just ignore it while i read the books?
You should post this in the Calibre forum https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166

They're very helpful there
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
shall1028
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjax View Post
Your PDF started its life as a MS Reader LIT file. That Amber notice was inserted into the PDF file upon conversion and now has followed through into the ePub file.

Calibre may have a way to strip that line upon conversion and as crackerjax mentioned it may be best to post in the Calibre forum for that.

You could edit the html files in the ePub with Sigil, Vim or any other editor of choice and do a search and replace for the offending line.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:47 AM   #4
billthereader
billthereader began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Yeah, this is a line generated by the free Lit converter. My workaround was to use calibre to convert it to a text (or RTF) and then search out that line and delete them. Way too much work overall to try fight a screwed up file though unless it's really important. Now I just search out a better copy if possible.
billthereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
You can strip that stuff out with Sigil. It takes about 10 seconds.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert