Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-24-2017, 07:36 PM   #1
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Question Backing Up an Empty Library

I have a "Review" library where I keep a record of all my books read. There is no actual ebook file associated with the entry, just the rating, date, etc and the review in the comments section. I also have hi-res covers.

Will using the regular export library function be fine? I've got about 3200 entries, so I am hesitant to mess around but who knows when something bad might happen and I'll need that backup.

Thanks.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:55 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
I have a "Review" library where I keep a record of all my books read. There is no actual ebook file associated with the entry, just the rating, date, etc and the review in the comments section. I also have hi-res covers.

Will using the regular export library function be fine? I've got about 3200 entries, so I am hesitant to mess around but who knows when something bad might happen and I'll need that backup.

Thanks.
I assume you have covers as well as metadata.

You could just copy (zip up) that Library's folder
But...
Why not try (test case) exporting? They are just spanned zip files.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:55 PM   #3
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I guess I'll bite the bullet and try exporting it to a thumb drive and then installing a new copy of calibre on the Mrs' computer and importing it there. I was hoping to avoid "testing" but I guess there's no answer like finding out for yourself
Old 07-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Ravensknight - FWIW I'd be flabbergasted if export/import couldn't cope with a library where there were no format files in the book folders.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:37 PM   #5
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Ravensknight - FWIW I'd be flabbergasted if export/import couldn't cope with a library where there were no format files in the book folders.

BR
Me too. But I've never seen anyone ask about it, so I'd figure I'd ask to see if anyone has successfully done it. I don't want to be a testcase