Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #16
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanez View Post
A lot of posts, but no answer to my questions. I guess this means no one knows of other readers with warm light?

@JSWolf, i had mentioned the Tolino vision 4 HD, and was not 100% explicit about that but i live in Europe and it is available in my country. It is not available in electronic stores but only in a couple of bookstores, got to make some phone calls to see if i can check it out somewhere without buying to see if the light is warm enough to pay for (see also my first post).
Just the one, you said you didn't want as far as I know.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You should put in your profile where you live. Would make MR a lot easier for you and us.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:19 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Other than Kobo and Tolino, I don't know of any others with a warm light.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:48 PM   #19
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The wiki page Blue-light exposure documents this so called warm light.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:08 PM   #20
Nanez
Nanez began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Thanks DaleDe. That's all i wanted to know
Nanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:55 AM   #21
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanez View Post
I am looking for a new ereader and i can't make up my mind
My ideal reader would have a 6 inch screen and the option to read with a warm/reddish light, and everything else functioning as it should. I would also buy a reader with ONLY the warm reddish light because the only time i used the light at all on my Kobo Aura was when reading in bed, but i figure they don't exist.
Readers that i know of that come close to my wishes are the Tolino vision 4 HD - but i read in the reviews that the light does not really get as warm or reddish as you might wish. In which case i am not so very willing to pay the 60 extra euros for it.
The Kobo Aura H2O has a nice reddish light, i checked it out today in a store. But i would really prefer to have a smaller reader, 6 inch instead of 6.8.

Are there other readers which have this nice reddish light without getting huge or very expensive?

Because if this is it, then i might just drop the whole red-light idea and buy one of the refurbished Kobo Glo HD's that they also had in this store (if they actually where the HD version because the boxes didn't say so).
Many LCD screen tablets running android are compatible with apps meant for that very purpose. I use one named "Twilight" (free) downloaded from the Google app store.
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:07 AM   #22
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The wiki page Blue-light exposure documents this so called warm light.

Dale
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
Many LCD screen tablets running android are compatible with apps meant for that very purpose. I use one named "Twilight" (free) downloaded from the Google app store.
Noted. Good tips.
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #23
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Amazon's best selling Reader is the PW3. It weights in at 205g for WiFi and 217g for WiFi+3G. The size is 169mm x 117mm x 9.1mm which is not really all that much different than the H2O2. So if many people can use a PW3 without complaining of it's size or weight, then I see no reason to complain about the size/weight of the H2O2.
The idea that if 'many' don't complain then no one should complain is very, very odd.

I have an original H2O, and while I love it for the features, I'd be much happier with it if it were smaller and lighter.

Different people have different sized hands, since you apparently haven't noticed that.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:08 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
The idea that if 'many' don't complain then no one should complain is very, very odd.

I have an original H2O, and while I love it for the features, I'd be much happier with it if it were smaller and lighter.

Different people have different sized hands, since you apparently haven't noticed that.
I wasn't talking the original H2O. I was talking the H2O Edition 2, The H2O2 has a smaller bezel and is lighter.