Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-08-2017, 03:58 PM   #1
tetrault
Enthusiast
tetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it istetrault knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3
Strange bug after switching from another app

Sigil 0.9.8 with OS X 10.11.6
  1. Sigil Document open, text window frontmost, cursor anywhere on page.
  2. Switch to any other application.
  3. Switch back to Sigil by any method.
  4. A capital S is inserted at the cursor every time. Sometimes the cursor moves down one or more lines before the S is inserted.
  5. The problem continues after multiple restarts and shutdowns.

I have tested many applications. This ‘S’ problem does not occur.
I am using Desktops (Spaces—I wish Apple would use just one term.). I don’t know if that matters. I know how to turn Desktops off, but I don’t want to lose all my application settings.

Has anyone else seen this? If not, then I’ll assume that parts of my OS are corrupt.
tetrault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Use Sigil all the time on Mac OSX, and I have never seen this. I do not use (Desktop Spaces). Some key sequence is being inserted by Spaces? Not sure why? Or what is generating the key sequences in the input buffer.

Last edited by KevinH; 07-08-2017 at 09:15 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:41 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
One other thing, you might want to check Mac System Preferences Key Sequences for changing Desktop spaces and then compare them to Sigil Preferences for Key Sequences and make sure there is no clash between OS assigned key sequences and Sigil assigned key sequences.

Last edited by KevinH; 07-08-2017 at 09:15 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 09:13 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrault View Post
I wish Apple would use just one term.
Apple is not alone.

Not a day goes by when I don't curse some software product or other for using different terms to label the same thing, or the same term to label different things, or pretend that what they call a 'gizmo' is not the same as their competitors 'thingmabob'.

I don't use any Apple products.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote