Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-05-2009, 08:14 AM   #1
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Question Any word on a Sony update for the 505?

Just curious. I do enjoy the PDF reflow. However, I am interested as to what improvements are in the pipeline......

hidari
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #2
jessezhao
JesseZhao
jessezhao began at the beginning.

Device: 218A
could you tell which the time you means "sony update for the 505" are released?
thank you.
jessezhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #3
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think it was in the summer of 2008, no? I have:

Verson 1.1.00.18040

So, curious if any further updates are in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessezhao View Post
could you tell which the time you means "sony update for the 505" are released?
thank you.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
I think it was in the summer of 2008, no? I have:

Verson 1.1.00.18040

So, curious if any further updates are in the near future?
There is a 1.2 available. It should prompt you to download it when you open your library.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #5
hidari
MR Drone

Cheers. Are there any new features in the 1.2 version?
Old 02-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Cheers. Are there any new features in the 1.2 version?
I think so. I don't know for sure, I haven't downloaded it
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #7
hidari
MR Drone

Cheers for the info
Old 02-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #8
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I have not yet installed the last update -- which means I cannot yet read ePub books on my Sony 505. Of course, the big inhibitor is that I have not yet installed the Sony software!
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:52 AM   #9
jessezhao
JesseZhao
jessezhao began at the beginning.

Device: 218A
Every one know how terrible sony's software are.

haha
jessezhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:22 AM   #10
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige
mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
There is a 1.2 available. It should prompt you to download it when you open your library.
Forgive my ignorance... but i thought 1.1.00.18040 was currently the latest? When I check for updates it can't find any (i.e. fully updated)... and checking at the sony eSupport site shows only 1.1.00.18040 available?
mukoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:13 AM   #11
jimbob101
Connoisseur
jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle App Android, Kindle PW2, Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukoan View Post
Forgive my ignorance... but i thought 1.1.00.18040 was currently the latest? When I check for updates it can't find any (i.e. fully updated)... and checking at the sony eSupport site shows only 1.1.00.18040 available?
As far as i'm aware the 1.1 update the current version in the US

the 1.2 update is the firmware for the 505 in europe with the language and date options for over here.
jimbob101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:43 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob101 View Post
As far as i'm aware the 1.1 update the current version in the US

the 1.2 update is the firmware for the 505 in europe with the language and date options for over here.
That's right. 1.1 is the US firmware; 1.2 the European firmware. There's no difference in their capabilities.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #13
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's right. 1.1 is the US firmware; 1.2 the European firmware. There's no difference in their capabilities.

Not entirely true.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #14
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige
mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
I was kinda hoping the next update would do something useful with the date and time... like display it down in the section that shows the current page you're on.
mukoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #15
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Mukoan--

You can add a clock to the screen by using Jeff Elkin's excellent customizer--available here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27177

I highly recommend both the clock and the uniform fonts from the customizer.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony, update