Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-24-2016, 06:58 PM   #1
Action Superhero
Action Superhero began at the beginning.

Device: KV
Smaller monospace font?

I download the LWN weekly edition with Calibre, and that includes several pages of text in <pre> blocks from mailing lists. I just got a KV (now on 5.7.2.1 after jailbreaking the 5.6.5 that shipped), my first Kindle, after breaking the screen of my last reader last week. On that reader, at the smallest font size, in landscape, somewhere around 75 columns of fixed width text fit on a line, meaning most things fit and displayed as intended. On the Kindle it's maybe 65 columns? Not quite enough, whatever it is.

I tried altering the CSS in the EPUB Calibre generates, but it doesn't seem to have any effect once converted to MOBI. Is there a way to get pre-formatted text any smaller?

The monospaced text does scale along with the proportional when changing font size. It's just too relatively big at any setting.
Action Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:27 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the "Kindle Formats" section, where you're more likely to get a useful answer to questions about Kindle ebook creation.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fixed width, monospace