Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
Rich Gibson
Rich Gibson began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tablet
Locating Calibre folders on Mac-resolved

I've been working with Calilbre for a month now and have a basic question but can't find the answer searching the documentation and the FAQs. When I started using Calibre I didn't pay too much attention to folder placement. Now whenever I try to add a new eBook it picks the original folders I used, buried in some folder the names of which are inappropriate. I've tried deleting every Calibre folder and re-loading a document and it creates that same old folder structure again. I simply want to get Calibre up to the root level but haven't found the answer through searches.

Thanks, Rich

Last edited by Rich Gibson; 02-07-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Rich Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Gibson View Post
I've been working with Calilbre for a month now and have a basic question but can't find the answer searching the documentation and the FAQs. When I started using Calibre I didn't pay too much attention to folder placement. Now whenever I try to add a new eBook it picks the original folders I used, buried in some folder the names of which are inappropriate. I've tried deleting every Calibre folder and re-loading a document and it creates that same old folder structure again. I simply want to get Calibre up to the root level but haven't found the answer through searches.

Thanks, Rich
Not a perfect way:
select a book: Tap 'O'
This will put you in the Author folder. One level up is the Library
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
Rich Gibson
Rich Gibson began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Not a perfect way:
select a book: Tap 'O'
This will put you in the Author folder. One level up is the Library
Thanks, I poured over the FAQ again and I think I see the problem. In preferences I missed "Run Wizard." As soon as I did and selected English the choice of library location popped up.

Rich
Rich Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote