Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
sporring
sporring began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs-t2
Charging problems

Hi,

I'm new to sony's readers, and I'm experiencing problems with the prs-t2: It does not seem to allow for wall charging, and it will only charge on a computer, which does not got to sleep when inactive. I think this is discussed on Sony's service page here:

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/m...00%20610718300

But it is really difficult for me to believe that anyone would design a product that is so hard to recharge. Am I overlooking something obvious?

Thanks, Jon
sporring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Yes, you can charge it through the wall. That's what I do. It just doesn't come with a wall adapter in the box. Many companies do that in order to charge a lower price. You can order one from Sony, but it is a bit expensive. Most people already have wall chargers from their other electronic devices, such as their mobile phones, which typically work fine with the Sony ereaders.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
frankynov
frankynov began at the beginning.

Device: none
Some wall chargers work and some don't.
For example, all iPhone/iPod/iPad wall chargers won't charge the Sony but it works without any problem with my HTC plug
frankynov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankynov View Post
Some wall chargers work and some don't.
For example, all iPhone/iPod/iPad wall chargers won't charge the Sony but it works without any problem with my HTC plug
Yes. One charger I had for another device does not work with my PRS-T1, but the charger that came with my cell phone does work.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #5
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Sony do this on purpose on my T1 I can use a third party charge cable and it works fine basicly the ones you can get with different attachable ends for universal charging (mines actually from a company called swiss charger).
Using the Sony supplied cable I can't charge from anywhere but the PC yet with the third party ones I can from every USB plug and battery I've tried.

Why I'm positive this is an intentional act by Sony is my Vita will also only charge from the computer or the Sony charger and absolutely nothing else unfortunately there is no third party charge cables for that one as yet.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
You can even charge the Sony T1 & I presume the T2 as well, with the Amazon Kindle charger. I bought the $20 AC/USB plug & it works perfectly on the T1.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #7
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Just going through this now with my Powerpod Escape 10400 mAh battery charger. It won't charge the PRS-T2.
I think it checks for a 'compatible' charger using pins other than the current carrying ones.
A dongle that does the trick would be useful.. any suggestions?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 06:22 PM   #8
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Never mind: tested again, working now
Might have been the cable..
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote