Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
beccac
beccac began at the beginning.

Device: B&N Nook Table
Unhappy Problem with Nook Tablet and Calibre

I have a Nook Tablet and it's brand new. I've got all of the updates on my Nook Tablet. My calibre version is 0.8.41.

When I had my first loaded my books onto my device. I organized them and started to read my book. When I got to reading my second book on the device, I opened it and started to read it. When it was time to shut it off, I turned it off completely. When I went back to same book later in day. I got this error when I opened up my book. It said " Synchronizing reading location? On this device you are currently at page 1. On another device you are at page 15. Where would you like to start?" So I clicked the one that says the one I left on another device. The weirdest part is I haven't been reading it on another device. But when I held down on the book cover, it would open properly. So I contacted Nook customer service online chat on February 2/2012. They went through a couple of opinions. Then they decided that I should reset my Nook to get it to work again. When I did that I added the same book, it worked fine and my device was fine for awhile.

Instead of this fully fixing my device, the problem stayed away for longer. Instead this time it was when I started to read my 4th book. Then I ran into the same problem again but on a different book. It gave the same synchronizing problem and this book I bought from Chapters and used a program to get the DRM off, converted it and then put it on using Calibre when I was re-adding the books back on February 2. I had one of my friends coming over yesterday and she has the same device and uses the same program. We put the same book onto her device and she had no problems with the book. We even tried to side load the book onto my device and it still caused problems instead it opened up like a new book but instead going to page 1 like you're starting a new book, instead it went to page 37. We also took the book off and re-converted the book. Then put it back on again and still had the same problem. So in the end we decided the chat support again with another person and she told us to use Adobe Digital Editions and put the book on that way. She couldn't tell me why mine has problems and my friends doesn't. So we did that, so far no problems but I prefer to use Calibre since I think it's a great program.

So far Nook support either blames the book came from another company or that I'm using Calibre. They have no reason why it works on my friends but not mine.

I'm just wondering if anyone has run into this problem and has any suggestions in how I can fix this.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I've added photos showing the file and the problems on the second book.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	File view - showing wrong date.png
Views:	384
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	84051   Click image for larger version

Name:	Showing the wrong page.png
Views:	328
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	84052   Click image for larger version

Name:	Synchorizing problem on the nook.png
Views:	364
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	84053  

Last edited by beccac; 03-16-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Added photos showing the problem..
beccac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
beccac

This problem has reappeared again on another book. Done the same way as the book but this time, I hadn't shut down the NOOK completely. I wanted to go into another book to show someone, one of the things listed on the book. I went back to the same book I had started today. And the same problem has shown up.

Has anyone seen this problem or have any solutions in how to fix it?

Please help!
Advert
Old 06-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
cgmarsh
cgmarsh began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am having the exact same problem. Did you find a solution yet?
cgmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
beccac

I sorta have a solution, which sometimes works. I find deleting the book off the Nook and then re-convert the book. Then re-added it on. Sometimes that works. I haven't had the problem in awhile. I've noticed a lot of people have had that problem but no solid solutions yet. I find it only happens on some books or after you restart your Nook from scratch, then after a few books it would happen again. If you ever find a solution, let me know.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
rhermans
rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhermans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook touch glow in the dark
The problem with me is that the book on the homepage stays at page 1, and the book in the shelves are updating the location. So I only use the shelves.
I can't say that I don't have problems with book bought on b&n because they are not available in my region.
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
beccac

Have you tried to deleting the book and re-converting the book and then adding it again?

I haven't had any problems with the barnes and noble books either, the ones that came with the Nook since I can't get buy the real ones.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:32 AM   #7
paw3pals
Enthusiast
paw3pals doesn't litterpaw3pals doesn't litter

Device: nook tablet
I think I read somewhere that this occurs when you select the book from the top of the Home screen (Keep Reading). It happened to me a few times.

My solution is to always select the book from the bottom shelf. No more problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccac View Post
I have a Nook Tablet and it's brand new. I've got all of the updates on my Nook Tablet. My calibre version is 0.8.41.

When I had my first loaded my books onto my device. I organized them and started to read my book. When I got to reading my second book on the device, I opened it and started to read it. When it was time to shut it off, I turned it off completely. When I went back to same book later in day. I got this error when I opened up my book. It said " Synchronizing reading location? On this device you are currently at page 1. On another device you are at page 15. Where would you like to start?" So I clicked the one that says the one I left on another device. The weirdest part is I haven't been reading it on another device. But when I held down on the book cover, it would open properly. So I contacted Nook customer service online chat on February 2/2012. They went through a couple of opinions. Then they decided that I should reset my Nook to get it to work again. When I did that I added the same book, it worked fine and my device was fine for awhile.

Instead of this fully fixing my device, the problem stayed away for longer. Instead this time it was when I started to read my 4th book. Then I ran into the same problem again but on a different book. It gave the same synchronizing problem and this book I bought from Chapters and used a program to get the DRM off, converted it and then put it on using Calibre when I was re-adding the books back on February 2. I had one of my friends coming over yesterday and she has the same device and uses the same program. We put the same book onto her device and she had no problems with the book. We even tried to side load the book onto my device and it still caused problems instead it opened up like a new book but instead going to page 1 like you're starting a new book, instead it went to page 37. We also took the book off and re-converted the book. Then put it back on again and still had the same problem. So in the end we decided the chat support again with another person and she told us to use Adobe Digital Editions and put the book on that way. She couldn't tell me why mine has problems and my friends doesn't. So we did that, so far no problems but I prefer to use Calibre since I think it's a great program.

So far Nook support either blames the book came from another company or that I'm using Calibre. They have no reason why it works on my friends but not mine.

I'm just wondering if anyone has run into this problem and has any suggestions in how I can fix this.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I've added photos showing the file and the problems on the second book.

Thanks.
paw3pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #8
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
I suggest not removing DRM. Although many programs claim they do it cleanly, it always hurts the file. Try again the same book without removing DRM.
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
Mujokan
Connoisseur
Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I get this problem on an NST (rooted), don't use Calibre. I just figured it was a bug and ignored it. It syncs to the right page almost always.
Mujokan is offline   Reply With Quote