Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 04-05-2019, 07:32 PM   #196
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Sounds like a damaged digitizer, have you tried factory resetting it?
Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:42 AM   #197
Sandy Anderson
Sandy Anderson began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Sounds like a damaged digitizer, have you tried factory resetting it?
Malcolm
No, I have not! One can but try though.

Can you tell me exactly what this involves? Or point me to a description of doing a factory reset. (I'm only guessing, but it probably requires pushing a paper clip into a hole somewhere too.)

Does this factory reset imply backing up what's stored on the memory card?

Thanks for the (cosmic?) ray of hope, anyway,

Sandy Anderson
Sandy Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2019, 08:59 PM   #198
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Anderson View Post
No, I have not! One can but try though.

Can you tell me exactly what this involves? Or point me to a description of doing a factory reset. (I'm only guessing, but it probably requires pushing a paper clip into a hole somewhere too.)

Does this factory reset imply backing up what's stored on the memory card?

Thanks for the (cosmic?) ray of hope, anyway,

Sandy Anderson
Make sure the device is fully charged first.

You will want to plug it into your PC and backup the stuff in the internal storage. Then go to the home screen, apps tab, user settings, device settings, on the bottom it says factory reset. Is the device rooted?
Malcolm
Old 04-20-2019, 04:12 PM   #199
Catrachpapi
Catrachpapi began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Anderson View Post
Hello Boyue Lifebook people,

I bought 2 Lifebooks a year ago, both basically to read sheet music, chiefly. One went to my friend and works just fine AND dandy. The other I have and DOES NOT work fine. Well, everything works EXCEPT -- at random -- the screen thinks I've touched it, or swiped it, and pretty soon you're suddenly 35 pages away, at high magnification or something. It makes using it one hell of a meditation. In fact, I haven't for several months.

I'm not going to upgrade it in any way (having lurked in the forum) but before it becomes completely retro, I'd like to try and fix the random glitching. It is a lovely little reader really. I did take the back off, right back when I first got it, because it wasn't charging. I never figured it out, because it started charging again, for no good reason. Maybe that has something to do with the screen glitching.

It would be so good to hear other people have had this happen. Especially as originally my friend's Lifebook was mine. Yeah, I was trying to get *his* to charge up.

Here's hoping,

Sandy Anderson

(PS. Hey, maybe I've discovered a new way to detect cosmic rays?!?!)
Hey Sandy,

To be honest, this is my first time ever posting to a forum but I felt like I had to throw in my two cents. I own a Likebook Plus since last year and I really love the device. I'm a med student so I have to do a lot of reading and I really feel it's saving my eyes. However, just about a month after I bought the device, I had the same issue as you. The pages started to scroll by themselves, as if someone was touching the screen. I went into Android developer settings and enabled the "show touches" option to realize that in fact there was a random touch input on the screen. It was located one the right superior quadrant of the screen. I won't lie, I was going mad about it. I wasn't even able to read a page because it would suddenly change. or move
Eventually, the random touch input disappeared but something else occurred instead. A longitudinal area from top to bottom of the screen of about 2 centimeters in width won't respond to touch input, as if the digitizer in this area had died. I recall doing several factory resets and even a reflash, but the issue still persisted. I wasn't able to send my device back to the manufacturer since I do not reside in the country I bought it. I've actually learned to live with the issue, since it does not cover the whole screen. I still love the device and would prefer if it worked perfectly, but I've lost hope already. I still use it every single day. I'm sorry I don't bring good news, but I hope your issue resolves on a better way that did mine!
Catrachpapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:51 PM   #200
enslaver
enslaver began at the beginning.

Device: boyue likebook
how start google play

Guys, i updated to v2 with RK Tool. And i cant understand how to start google play on v2.

i haven't option to choose old launcher. Maybe somebody can give me instructions for this?

for developers:
And one more problem - If i choose russian languge, than launcher have 50/50 mix of russian and chineese language. workaround is selecting english - than chineese letters dissappears.
enslaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2019, 11:01 PM   #201
enslaver
enslaver began at the beginning.

Device: boyue likebook
Links not working in v2

For developers:

Also i found that links not working on v2 with build-in reader.
On v1.0.2 when i press on [1] in build-in reared it open Page for that link with content. On v2 when i press on the link popup window appear but without text with some chineese chars (there must be russian text)
enslaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 08:44 AM   #202
Adam100
Adam100 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus T80s
Smile Finding Google Play on a Likebook Plus T80s

Starting Google Play on your device is very easy. Download through your browser an app finder application e.g. AppFinder-Alternative Drawer apk. Install it. You will find play store with it and will start if you click on it.
Adam100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:13 AM   #203
greglim
greglim began at the beginning.

Device: boyue t80s, kindle keyboard
2.0.0 firmware issues?

Here's another report of an Illumina XL HD taking the 2.0.0 boyue T80s firmware and seeming to work ok. I used the img-version of 2.0.0 at the top of the thread, then updated to the 2018081714 version much later in the thread.

I am having a couple of minor problems with it though. The goodereader e-ink store doesn't work right (can't download apps, and the app icons never change from the generic android icons). And the inbuilt browser doesn't seem to work fully.

I'm wildly guessing here, but I think it's the odd storage layout. I have about 1G of "internal storage" and about 12G of "NAND flash", but nothing under "sd card". It makes sense, mostly, but this seriously limits the number of apps that can be installed, as nothing can be "moved to sd card". I also think that some of the app malfunctions can be blamed on this as well, because if the apps do not check carefully, they're probably trying to write temp files to the "sd card", not finding it, and erroring.

Is anyone else having this kind of problem? What do you guys have under storage on your readers?
greglim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:42 PM   #204
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greglim View Post
Here's another report of an Illumina XL HD taking the 2.0.0 boyue T80s firmware and seeming to work ok. I used the img-version of 2.0.0 at the top of the thread, then updated to the 2018081714 version much later in the thread.

I am having a couple of minor problems with it though. The goodereader e-ink store doesn't work right (can't download apps, and the app icons never change from the generic android icons). And the inbuilt browser doesn't seem to work fully.

I'm wildly guessing here, but I think it's the odd storage layout. I have about 1G of "internal storage" and about 12G of "NAND flash", but nothing under "sd card". It makes sense, mostly, but this seriously limits the number of apps that can be installed, as nothing can be "moved to sd card". I also think that some of the app malfunctions can be blamed on this as well, because if the apps do not check carefully, they're probably trying to write temp files to the "sd card", not finding it, and erroring.

Is anyone else having this kind of problem? What do you guys have under storage on your readers?
Does it say it's downloading then just sits at downloading and not installing? I would check to make sure your date and time on the device is accurate too.
Malcolm
Old 06-06-2019, 11:42 AM   #205
greglim
greglim began at the beginning.

Device: boyue t80s, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Does it say it's downloading then just sits at downloading and not installing? I would check to make sure your date and time on the device is accurate too.
Malcolm
Do you mean downloading the apps? If so, then yes, it says downloading, gives me some error about network issues(if this is the first attempt after a reboot), and remains at 0%. If I leave it alone for a long time, sometimes I find myself looking at the launcher again with a notice that it has crashed. My time and date are 100% ok. Network is fine. I installed/updated google play store, another launcher (can't remember at the moment), firefox. Firefox can download and install other apps as well.

I'd try to fix this with a symlink if I could just get root. I've tried framaroot and towelroot. Neither worked. I tried several obvious modstrings for towelroot, but they didn't work either. I wanted to try rootmaster3 as noted in other places, but every copy of the apk i could find had vile things in it when I submitted to virustotal and other online scanning services.
greglim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 02:55 AM   #206
finitol
finitol began at the beginning.

Device: Tagus lux 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam100 View Post
Starting Google Play on your device is very easy. Download through your browser an app finder application e.g. AppFinder-Alternative Drawer apk. Install it. You will find play store with it and will start if you click on it.
Hi all!
I tried with this workaround and..doesn't work for me.
I was capable to get it and install it but don't appears on app screen or app bar in home screen although i changed it by other with screen adjust....

in the other hand, knows anybody a pdf reader app with decent text reflow? I tried pocketbook moon reader fbreader, acrobat...and so on and all of them crash when try to reflow on 16megas pdf files
finitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 02:38 PM   #207
halomademeapc
halomademeapc began at the beginning.

Device: LikeBook Plus
Potentially silly question, but I updated mine to v2 last year and it's been collecting dust for a while. I just brought it back out to read a light novel series and was using the browser and can't seem to find the button to toggle A2 refresh mode anywhere. Can someone show me a picture or something of where that's at?
halomademeapc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:16 AM   #208
rvcjew
Addict

I just fired mine up since like a year and I don't think it supports A2 outside of the stock reading app just normal refresh. Mars and beyond has that for per screen. settings/reading settings/ fast mode.
Malcolm
Old 08-15-2019, 05:20 AM   #209
Whiit
Whiit began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD (E685BK)
Hello all,

Just new to this forum and recently purchased a nice and cheap Icarus Illumina XL HD which basically is a Boyue T80S as I read in this thread.
I updated my device to V2.0 with the first message in this thread and unfortunately didn't read any further. Some of my apps aren't working properly anymore so I want to revert to a previous version of the software but apparently I cannot do it by running an updat.zip of the original software.
Could you please help by explaining or redirecting me to a thread on how to revert to a previous version of the software?

Thanks a lot!
Whiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #210
Ceed
Ceed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with othersCeed plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiit View Post
how to revert to a previous version of the software?

Thanks a lot!
Install the 1.00 img firmware using the RK Batch Tool on your PC
To upgrade to 1.01 copy the "update.zip" archive to the device root and update via the update menu in settings. Repeat for 1.02

Link to all firmware versions, drivers & tool: https://yadi.sk/d/a8uLdW_8qLCtsw
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-08-15_214508.png
Views:	260
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	172937  
Ceed is offline   Reply With Quote