Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 09-15-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Richardson, James D.: Presidential Papers: (v1/p1) - Washington. v1, 15 Sep 2008

This is the complete title of this 11 volume series (which will be more than 11 books):

"A Compilation of the Messages and Papers of the Presidents".

As noted below, there are additional volumes to this set that were added after the first 11-volume edition set.

This is Volume 1, Part 1.

Although there are 11 volumes to the set, and a few Supplements as well, the 11 volumes are further divided into parts, for an incomplete total as of now of about 25 titles.

As mentioned, to make matters a little more confusing not all the volumes (and Parts) are available from Gutenberg. I only discovered this about mid-way through formatting this.

Indeed, this has been the most time-consuming and dense formatting I've ever attempted; in hindsight, I'm not certain if it was worth it at all, as - when completed - not all the volumes are even available. In formatting this in a way that would take into account the limitations of portable reading devices, I had to decide how I wanted TITLES and SUB-TITLES to appear. I vacillated back and forth, experimenting and changing. I'm not completely satisfied, and you might not be either.

Here's some bibliographic information about this set:

"This is an 11-volume work (10 numbered volumes, plus one supplement) of the messages and papers of the presidents of the US from 1787 through 1902. The main 10 volumes of this edition were published in 1902, and the supplemental volume was published in 1904. (Some later editions include additional volumes for laterpresidents, and in some cases the volumes were reorganized as well.)"

On a lighter note, I hear Dr. Bad Advice calling, and I need a break with some gams, guns, guts, and garters. Oh, yes, and gats. TRANSLATION: Gimme a good 'ole noir mystery!

I hope you like this.

Don

CORRECTION: I just located what may be the missing volumes. Perhaps the set is complete after all.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Perhaps you could just abbreviate the title and call it something like "Presidential Papers: Vol 1 - Washington" (or whoever volume 1 is about)?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Perhaps you could just abbreviate the title and call it something like "Presidential Papers: Vol 1 - Washington" (or whoever volume 1 is about)?
Thanks for the suggestion, Harry. I went ahead and changed it.

I haven't even looked at Volume 1, Part 2 yet, so I might possibly change it yet again.

Don
Old 03-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
MV64
Addict
MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
This seems to be the hardest ebook to come across in proper formatting. I own five volumes (original editions!!!!) and am kicking myself that I didn't grab the rest of them. Got them for free. Well, they're a little old and I'd like to put them on my Sony but I have yet to find a complete attempt. Everything seems to be based off the incomplete Gutenberg versions. It was a noble attempt, though.
MV64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks.

I'll eventually finish these, but they're extremely difficult and time-consuming to do. I was trying to format them in a way that is consistent and attractive for ebook reading.

Don
Advert