Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-22-2014, 12:56 PM   #1
mrcarlsen
mrcarlsen began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Voyage
Disabling touch page turn on the Voyage

Hi all,

I've been directed here from http://www.fabiszewski.net/kindle-untouchable/

I'm basically searching for a similar extension that disable touch page turn on the Kindle Voyage. I don't know if anything like this has been made or is feasible at all. With the return of the physical page-turn buttons I've no idea why Amazon didn't include an option for this.

It sure seems like I'm not alone in wanting this option reading some of the support topics on Amazon.

If anyone know away to enabling/disabeling this functionality I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Alex
mrcarlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Any such feature add-on will require a "Jailbroken" KV.
Currently, the KV can only be Jailbroken over the serial port.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
What exactly do you want to disable? The touchscreen page turn areas or the other page turn areas.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:55 AM   #4
trex_daemon
Enthusiast
trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle 3 Wifi
I cannot figure out how did the 'designers' of the GUI not think about it. I suppose some people bought the Voyage expecially because of the physical (sort of) buttons.
Then it's a pain in the a** having the page turns by touch enabled when you actually are using the buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
What exactly do you want to disable? The touchscreen page turn areas or the other page turn areas.
trex_daemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:00 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by trex_daemon View Post
I cannot figure out how did the 'designers' of the GUI not think about it. I suppose some people bought the Voyage expecially because of the physical (sort of) buttons.
Then it's a pain in the a** having the page turns by touch enabled when you actually are using the buttons.
This thread is about 16 months old with what seems to be a complete lack of interest.

The only thing to suggest still is what was mentioned in the top post, adapt the "kindle untouchable" hack.

Last edited by knc1; 03-09-2016 at 08:05 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2016, 02:55 PM   #6
thumbstump
thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thumbstump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
This is probably two years too late, but I reworked the kindle untouchable hack to work properly on the voyage: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=279209
thumbstump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:28 PM   #7
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Thanks for sharing
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:44 PM   #8
Yourcat
Groupie
Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.

Device: PW3 5.6.5-usbnet
Just a second too late as a second ago $user disabled the physical buttons with super glue.
Yourcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disable touch, kindle, voyage