Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-22-2015, 02:11 PM   #466
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
To confirm: The zip attached to the quoted post should now work with Firmware 5.6.1.0.2 ?
I had it working successfully when I tried it, yes, but other people are having problems with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite3 View Post
So no one knows why? and can some one please tell me how to the xray generator. I download the zip, extract it, and the only way I have found the xray generator is to open the index.html? is that how your supposed to open it?
Which zip file are we talking about here? I don't think there is an index.html in the plugin zip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite3 View Post
And once again, no one knows what is wrong with my kindle? Why it deletes the .asc file? thanks again!
No, there are obviously bugs in the plug-in, but they haven't been identified yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
mjwilson -- what do you think about making a new dedicated thread in the calibre Plugins forum for your plugin version? About time I would say.

If you like I can split off this thread for you to preserve the history.

Then it can be in the plugin index and everything...
I always wanted it to be working a bit more reliably before it went into the plugins forum. As recent messages have shown, it still isn't working for lots of people.
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:46 PM   #467
Infinite3
Enthusiast
Infinite3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kinde paper white
xray_source_v0.23.zip (97.3 KB, 1573 views)

That (on the 1st page) is what im downloading. Is there another one I dont know of? and am I supposed to add it as a plugin to calibre?
Infinite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2015, 04:06 PM   #468
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There are two options.

If you want the Calibre version the latest version is here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=445

Not everyone is having a lot of luck with it.

The other main version is maintained not as a plug-in but as a standalone Windows application. This is a better version to be honest and it has its own thread here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=245754
Old 02-22-2015, 07:01 PM   #469
Infinite3
Enthusiast

Ok, I got the calibre edition and installed it on, ran it, gave it the stuff it wanted, and it spit out a .asc file, I copied it to the .sdr file on the kindle, ejected the kindle and, but the Xray doesn't work. Also when I reconnect it, I see a .apnx, mbp1 and mbs file in the place of the .asc file. Is that correct?? something wrong with my kindle?? thanks for your help so far!

Now, onto the Stand alone, I see the .asc file it creates, same thing there with the not showing up. And same thing with it having the .apnx, .mpb1 and mps file. And idea why?
Old 02-22-2015, 07:14 PM   #470
Infinite3
Enthusiast

Hey! Got it!!!!!!! took for eveeeeeeeeeer, but I got it fixed. Thanks for all your help! Thanks!!!!!
Advert
Old 02-22-2015, 07:32 PM   #471
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Do tell how you fixed the issue it may help other people.

@mjwilson -- if you say so. Then again, the iOS plugins aren't reliable ATM either, and they are still indexed.
The worst that can happen is it doesn't work and people check back here to find out why.
It does work all right under certain conditions, I believe -- so it could be helpful to those people.

Either way, we can start small, with a dedicated thread in this forum, and you can keep an OP with the latest info and plugin download. It does seem people are having slight difficulty in figuring out the status of the plugin.

Having an authoritative OP for people to see is itself worth a certain something, I feel.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:48 PM   #472
Infinite3
Enthusiast

ok, I just downloaded from this link ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=245754 ) and that pretty much worked.

WARNING: check shelfari to see if it it does have a xray. I got a xray, it didn't work, I checked shelfari, saw it had none, added some, re-created the xray, and it worked.

And why it deletes the xray file....I deleted all other version accept mobi, then it worked. and arad26, I had your same error, you just have to get the file from the link I have, it will work AFTER checking the "us new xray filter" check box. Thanks again for all your help!
Old 02-23-2015, 09:59 AM   #473
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
I always wanted it to be working a bit more reliably before it went into the plugins forum. As recent messages have shown, it still isn't working for lots of people.
I'd say go for it anyway. The first time I tried it, the moderators deleted it, but my new one has been pretty useful. We've really just been hijacking the OP's thread for the entirety of our development.
Plus, as proved in the last few troubleshooting posts, people are still downloading the original concept code on the first post. Probably about time this one dies off?
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:06 AM   #474
Infinite3
Enthusiast

Hey, I have a question. I am currently reading a 80+ series, and none of the books have any xray on them, accept for the ones I put on. The problem I have is, there are about 100+ main characters, and 25+ races, and probably 50+ locations. I am wondering, is it possible to A(use the same xray file for both books or B( mass update the shelfari.
Either of those possible. Thanks!
Old 02-24-2015, 02:52 PM   #475
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
I'd say go for it anyway. The first time I tried it, the moderators deleted it, but my new one has been pretty useful. We've really just been hijacking the OP's thread for the entirety of our development.
Plus, as proved in the last few troubleshooting posts, people are still downloading the original concept code on the first post. Probably about time this one dies off?
Okay, next time I do a release I'll try it.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:15 PM   #476
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
And if you like I can split apart this thread right now instead (preserves history) and optionally transfer it to the Calibre Plugins forum.

Last edited by eschwartz; 02-24-2015 at 03:28 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:17 AM   #477
lightclash
lightclash began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi,

I found a bug in the Calibre plugin. Since I do not have a Windows machine I do not know if this exists in the standalone variant too.
Here it is: If you already have an aliases file and want to use it, the plugin stops on creating an xraycharacter from this list since this call misses the id parameter. I was able to fix this by adding an unique id - now everything works perfectly for me

Cheers
lightclash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray