Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-20-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
Kemp
Zealot
Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Kudos for an excellent book: Kinshield Legacy

I know KC May still lurks around these forums occasionally, so I'm sure she'll see this post at some point.

The Kinshield Legacy was quite good. I started reading it a couple of weeks ago. With life and business and crap, I went to about 20% on the Kindle...

...then today I read the other 80%. Sooooo.... just a little bit compelling.

Since I started writing, I've found I've become much more snooty when it comes to actual reading. It just gets so easy to find little nits to pick, plotholes to frown at, word-repetitions to gawk at, and the occasional poor-writing to whine about.

I will be posting a full review at various places (a quite favorable one, so no worries there), but I thought I'd drop a recommendation and say thanks to Ms (?) May for a solid day of entertainment.

And curse you slightly: I probably should've been writing
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:31 AM   #2
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
i have both books but have only read the 1st so far, it was very good and a lot of fun.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #3
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I agree - it was a very well-crafted book with an enjoyable storyline. Reviewed it recently for my site.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:50 AM   #4
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2
Wow! Thank you so much! I'm so happy y'all liked it. I hope you like book 2 just as much (it's my favorite, even though it's a tad shorter). I'm outlining a third book that I hope to make more stand-alone than book 2 was. (The Wayfarer King literally starts immediately after the ending of The Kinshield Legacy.)

For the kind words and recommendation

kcmay is offline   Reply With Quote