Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 09-05-2020, 05:43 AM   #1
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Question For Mods

I just typed a longish reply to a comment in a thread.

When I came to submit it I was asked to reinput my password. I did so and found my reply has been lost.

I can understand you will want to close a login if there has been no activity for some time, so can you please warn us about this and tell us how long we have before we have before you shut us down?
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:36 AM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
The solution is to check the box to stay logged in. I’m not aware of a situation where someone’s been kicked to the password page while posting, but I can’t say authoritatively it can’t happen/never has happened. In any case, if you pick the stay logged in option, the odds are tiny - again, not saying you weren’t caught. Beyond that, it’s out of our hands.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:57 PM   #3
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you.
Old 09-06-2020, 01:02 AM   #4
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The solution is to check the box to stay logged in. I’m not aware of a situation where someone’s been kicked to the password page while posting, but I can’t say authoritatively it can’t happen/never has happened. In any case, if you pick the stay logged in option, the odds are tiny - again, not saying you weren’t caught. Beyond that, it’s out of our hands.
I was just asking for info as I did nor know who else to ask as I was bit surprised when it happened.

I have had a look in the settings and cannot find the "stay logged in option". I have probably inadvertently skipped over it. Please tell me where it is hiding.
Old 09-06-2020, 03:15 PM   #5
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
On mbobileread.com, when you sign in, there is a "remember me" box. Check that. IDK about mobileread.mobi.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:25 PM   #6
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Thank you.

I usually do tick this box but must have missed doing it that time.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:58 AM   #7
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I found out when trying to post on my phone that the browser's cookie settings affect this. I had turned off cookies and even though I checked "keep me logged in" it didn't work until I turned cookies back on.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote