Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-02-2020, 11:04 PM   #16
Camellia
Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I've tried that. I was reminded who was in charge.
Yes - my reader turned into a questionably comfortable cat bed.
Camellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 01:17 PM   #17
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Our first Cavalier King Charles Spaniel was the perfect Kindle-Rest. Sadly, he's no longer with us, and our latest rescue Cavalier is NOT interested.

The Book Seat seems like a good bet, but the price is a bit high.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:14 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
Ah. I interpreted this as pillows to lean against when reading.
I did as well. That's why I suggested a study pillow.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:36 AM   #19
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I haven't seen anything that indicates that it is not for a comfortable pillow for a person to use while reading, especially since it includes "every body is different" and not "everybody." Googling "reading pillow" generates results for body and bed rest pillows, so I also lean toward a person pillow rather than an object pillow.

I don't use one and don't have any recommendations. My kids have these really great backrests that are basically huge animal heads with arms. Costco doesn't sell them anymore and I don't know if anyone carries them.

https://www.cochaser.com/blog/plush-animal-back-rest/

(You'd think the noses would get in the way, but my kids -- pre-teen and teenage -- love them.)

That isn't helpful, but I mainly wanted to point out that the OP hasn't been back and we don't have any confirmation regarding what what they are looking for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Costco-1265413-Plush-Animal-Back-Rest-all-e1543583196739.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	182644  
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:01 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
I'm still in favor of a study pillow. Most of the pillows recommended here are too small to lean against when reading in bed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:09 PM   #21
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
In the something to lean against while reading category is this: https://www.sharperimage.com/view/pr...assager/205948

Shari
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2020-10-12 Warming Backrest Massager Sharper Image.png
Views:	27
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	182652  
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 08:58 PM   #22
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
In the something to lean against while reading category is this: https://www.sharperimage.com/view/pr...assager/205948

Shari
I'm not looking for any reading cushion or pillow, but I really like this . Sharper Image always has those cool items that just suck me in.

I also found this pillow that looks comfy:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Pillow.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	182659  
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 03:34 PM   #23
fduniho
Zealot
fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle Touch, Fire, DX, Paperwhite 4; Rooted Nook ST; Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Looking for a good quality and comfortable reading pillow, I know every body is different but any recommendations?
If you want a pillow to prop your ereader on, search for "tablet pillow," "ipad pillow," or "book couch." The specific one I use doesn't seem to be available anymore. The book couch looks similar but includes things for holding the device in place. Pictures show it being used with either an iPad or a physical book. Judging by the positions of the icons in a picture of an iPad on it, they might be close enough to hold a Paperwhite 4, but I'm not sure, because it's at an angle.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote