Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-10-2024, 12:14 PM   #31
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
It seems the site isn't fully updated. If I try to view the repair page to learn which components you can replace:

http://kobo.com/repairability

I reach a ZenDesk login page, instead.
Kobo is partnering with iFixit, the leader in the technology repairability space, making it easy for customers to extend the life of their eReader by replacing common components.

This will be possible for Kobo Libra Colour, Kobo Clara Colour and Kobo Clara BW, with more details on how it works and how to order repair kits coming soon.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 12:57 PM   #32
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
I watched the video and was impressed.

It just so happens to be my birthday later this month ... so my other half is getting me the white Libra Colour! I am getting a yellow cover and the stylus to go with.

I checked the dimensions before ordering to check whether my lavender cover for my Libra 2 would work, and I see they have made the Colour 0.7mm thinner. I'm sure it won't make much difference, but I'm not taking any chances haha.

I have many books with illustrations, including the Hobbit special edition, and art books, DK books, so I'm super excited to get this.

I was just thinking as well, is this the first year that a certain website has NOT predicted a new Kobo for Mothers' Day. And this year....?

P.S. E-readers are my weakness - I am not indulgent in any other way.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2024, 01:24 PM   #33
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Anyone notice the font change on the home screen? It's sans serif now. It looks nice.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 01:38 PM   #34
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
And here she shows the Libra Colour.
Thanks for posting that. After having watched it, I'm almost wishing I'd ordered the white one instead of the black one.

Maybe I need two?
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 01:41 PM   #35
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croptop View Post
Maybe I need two?
Of course you need two. Go for them!
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2024, 01:41 PM   #36
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Of course you need two. Go for them!
I like the way you think!
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 01:48 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 01:50 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Would it be possible to rip out the color layer to get a Kobo Libra BW?
Old 04-10-2024, 01:54 PM   #39
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croptop View Post
Thanks for posting that. After having watched it, I'm almost wishing I'd ordered the white one instead of the black one.

Maybe I need two?
Two Now I feel positively restrained, with just the one!
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 01:56 PM   #40
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Would it be possible to rip out the color layer to get a Kobo Libra BW?
[sarcasm] No problem, get an exacto knife and rip it off! [/sarcasm]
Old 04-10-2024, 01:56 PM   #41
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
Two Now I feel positively restrained, with just the one!
Yep. Whatever are you thinking of? What if your one device breaks or you lose it? You MUST have a backup device!
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 02:02 PM   #42
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
And here she shows the Libra Colour.
And again the brightness is set very high to 62%. And with the comfort-mode on, the colors are very washed out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-10 195509.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	207485  
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 02:11 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
And again the brightness is set very high to 62%. And with the comfort-mode on, the colors are very washed out.
But I find on the Libra 2 that if the light is high enough, the text is washed out. So that's not really an issue with the color. It's an issue with the light being set too high.
Old 04-10-2024, 02:11 PM   #44
deleted2
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post

It's certainly not an OLED panel or an LCD. But eInk is softer for the eyes.

A little bit of colours will be, I hope, a nice addition.

Hard to say until I get the unit in my hands.
Old 04-10-2024, 02:16 PM   #45
Penny
Penny began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The initial comparisons between the Libra 2 and Colour has me thinking that Kobo might be splitting and improving their base models via BW and Color subcategories. Currently there is too much risk in isolating off their user base by only supporting Kaleido or Carta technology.

Is it crazy to predict that in the future we will see a Libra3 that solely improves the BW model (i.e. Carta 1300, better battery, better processing, etc.) and then a Libra colour2 that focuses on respective color improvements?

Last edited by Penny; 04-10-2024 at 02:18 PM.
Penny is offline   Reply With Quote