Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 04-18-2020, 03:10 PM   #1
ralfhein
ralfhein began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Remove Inline TOC from output of recipe

Hello,

I just came across this great functionality in Calibre recently and are trying to convert some of my own standalone "fetch website and convert to epub" scripts into Calibre recipes, so I can actually share them with others.

The most interesting of those is probably a working version for NZZ (Newspaper from Zürich, Switzerland, also popular in Germany) I am porting at the moment.

Anyway, I always find the inline TOC at the beginning of an ebook rather useless. Nobody will ever use those, since the reader software will most likely have its own TOC function that tends to be much nicer.

So here is my question: how do I get rid of the inline TOC in books built with a calibre recipe? There seems to be no option for this, so my last resort would be to run ebook-edit on the resulting book and try to regex the relevant pages out of it. Sounds rather ugly for me - is there any better way to do this?

There is also the postprocess_book() API hook, but I am unable to find any documentation for it.

Thank you for pointing me to any helpful resources or posts I might have overlooked!
ralfhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 10:20 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Inline tocs are there specifically because many readers dont have nice functionality for this. In fact when converting if you set your output format to MOBI and output profile to a kindle profile it will be removed, since the Kindle does actually have nice functionality for this.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2020, 10:09 AM   #3
ralfhein
ralfhein began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Alright, understood, thanks! I will take a look at the output profiles, with your point in mind that would be the most sensible place to do this kind of adjustment (as it is rather reader related as opposed to book / content related).
ralfhein is offline   Reply With Quote