Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-13-2007, 06:59 AM   #1
Ununoctien
Ununoctien began at the beginning.

Device: Booken Gen3
Same book name, different extensions

Hello community,

I received yesterday my Cybook Gen3 and I have played until now a little with it. I found a Problem, maybe a Software one. I found neither Bookeen User’s forum not Bookeen Support’s forum. So, I post my problem here.

I found an endless Loop by returning to the Library (“Back to the Library”), after I stopped reading a Mobipocket Book, having two Books with the same Name but different extensions.

This endless Loop could be stopped if you connect your Device to your Computer and change the name of the other File (the one, that you are not reading).

I wanted to compare the quality of different book's formats. In this case, I wanted to compare PDF and Mobipocket. So, I made a Word Document and printed it as PDF and I created a Mobipocket book two (with cover, etc). Both files have had the same name but different extensions.

Cybook normally shows the Mobipocket books with the Cover as Icon and shows a gray Icon for PDF-Documents. Cybook showed in this case both files with the same Icon (Mobipocket Cover).

I opened the first File (Mobipoket one). I read a little and I went back to the Library. At this point started Cybook an endless “flipping” Loop.

I fixed this loop connecting the Cybook to my PC and renaming the PDF-File.

I hope this description help Bookeen’s developers or another user with same problem.

Cheers!

Ununoctien.

PS: nice to be now, after a lot of Months, a member from this community

Last edited by Ununoctien; 12-13-2007 at 07:16 AM. Reason: grammatical correction
Ununoctien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:00 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ununoctien View Post
I hope this description help Bookeen’s developers or another user with same problem.
Have you reported this bug to Bookeen? They can't fix it if they don't know about it!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2007, 07:14 AM   #3
Ununoctien
Ununoctien began at the beginning.

Device: Booken Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Have you reported this bug to Bookeen? They can't fix it if they don't know about it!
Hi!

hmm.. i only found the contact email. I sent this problem to "contact@bookeen.com" too

PS: ohh... i see, that i made a lot of mistakes in my text sorry, i speak spanish and im learning German, and i'm forgetting my english . upps, Shakespeare, forgive me !
Ununoctien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:19 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Your English is very good!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote