Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-06-2021, 04:24 PM   #5026
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3, PPW 2 3, HDX, KBasic 5, 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Lady Hardcastle Mystery series books 1-6 by T E Kinsey. The series is on sale at Amazon and prices vary between .99 and $1.99. Low cost matching audiobooks as well. Cozy series set in England starting in 1908 (pre-ww1).

Amazon Only
13 of 14 books in the James Bond series by Ian Flemming are $.99 each. Only the first book is full price.

Abandon - Blake Crouch $1.99 Amazon

Last edited by Tarana; 01-06-2021 at 04:35 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:08 PM   #5027
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
An omnibus of the next three titles in this series (including one that was a Historical Dagger and Barry award winner) is on sale at Kindle UK for £3.99. I don't see a similar omnibus even available in the US - if someone finds it, please post!

Titles included in Berlin Noir 2: Further Adventures of Bernie Gunter include:
  • The One from the Other
  • A Quiet Flame
  • If the Dead Rise Not
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089K5RTK4
Kindle UK/Smile: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089K5RTK4

Spoiler:
Quote:
Three outstanding historical thrillers in one superb volume. Treat yourself to the further adventures of Bernie Gunther, the iconic detective, 'One of the greatest anti-heroes ever written' - Lee Child

'Kerr's Bernie Gunther novels are modern classics' Simon Sebag Montefiore

THE ONE FROM THE OTHER
Munich, 1949: Amid the chaos of defeat, it's home to all the backstabbing intrigue that prospers in the aftermath of war. A place where a private eye can find a lot of not-quite-reputable work. It's work that fills Bernie with disgust - but it also fills his sorely depleted wallet. Then a woman seeks him out. Her husband has disappeared. She's not looking to get him back - he's a monster. She just wants confirmation that he's dead. It's a simple enough job. But in post-war Germany, nothing is simple.

A QUIET FLAME
Posing as an escaping Nazi war-criminal, Bernie Gunther arrives in Buenos Aires and, having revealed his real identity to the local chief of police, discovers that his reputation as a detective goes before him. A young girl has been murdered in circumstances that strongly resemble Bernie's final case as a homicide detective with the Berlin police. A case he had failed to solve. The chief of police suspects that the murderer may be one of thousands of ex Nazis who have fetched up in Argentina since 1945. Who better, therefore, than Bernie Gunther to help him track that murderer down?

IF THE DEAD RISE NOT - Winner of the CWA Historical Dagger
Berlin 1934. The Nazis have been in power for just eighteen months but already Germany has seen some frightening changes. As the city prepares to host the 1936 Olympics, Jews are being expelled from all German sporting organisations - a blatant example of discrimination. Forced to resign as a homicide detective, Bernie is now house detective at the famous Adlon Hotel. Two bodies are found - one a businessman and the other a Jewish boxer. As Bernie digs to discover who killed them, he unearths a plot that finds its violent conclusion twenty years later in pre-revolutionary Cuba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
An omnibus of the first three Berlin Noir books by Philip Kerr is on sale for $1.99/£0.99 in the US/UK respectively. This series features Bernie Gunther as a German PI in Nazi Germany (and later), and several of the books in the series have been nominated for various awards. (And, I've liked them too, and so did some one(s) else upthread.) The three titles in the omnibus are: March Violets, The Pale Criminal, and A German Requiem.

Kindle US: https://smile.amazon.com/Berlin-Noir...dp/B006LFO1DA/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/berlin-noir
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076H6BKNZ/

Last edited by sufue; 01-07-2021 at 09:55 AM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2021, 07:09 PM   #5028
lxpose
Connoisseur
lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
An omnibus of the next three titles in this series (including one that was a Historical Dagger and Barry award winner) is on sale at Kindle UK for £3.99. I don't see a similar omnibus even available in the US - if someone finds it, please post!

Titles included in Berlin Noir 2: Further Adventures of Bernie Gunter include:
  • The One from the Other
  • A Quiet Flame
  • If the Dead Rise Not
Is this it :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089K5RTK4

I see it with a price of $11.29. But that may be because I am viewing it from the UK
lxpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:07 PM   #5029
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxpose View Post
Is this it :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089K5RTK4

I see it with a price of $11.29. But that may be because I am viewing it from the UK
From the US, I see "This title is not currently available for purchase ". I don't want it, I was just checking for the record.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:54 AM   #5030
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I see the same thing, even though it has a publication date of June 25, 2020.
Aaaah, the joys of geo-blocking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
From the US, I see "This title is not currently available for purchase ". I don't want it, I was just checking for the record.
Advert
Old 01-07-2021, 10:00 AM   #5031
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

I had a chance to read an ARC of the seventh book in the Lady Hardcastle series, and surprised myself by really liking it when I thought it might be too cozy for me. Of course, the seventh book has an early aviation theme, and since I've worked in aviation about half my adult life, I was ready to like it. And the author got a bunch of stuff right, like a nice layman's explanation of why airplanes take off into the wind, that enhanced my enjoyment. But I did also enjoy the characters and the plot. It is pretty cozy, but not overwhelmingly so IMO. So with these on sale, I may pick up a couple more and see if I like them even without the built-in bias. Thanks @Tarana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Lady Hardcastle Mystery series books 1-6 by T E Kinsey. The series is on sale at Amazon and prices vary between .99 and $1.99. Low cost matching audiobooks as well. Cozy series set in England starting in 1908 (pre-ww1).

Amazon Only
13 of 14 books in the James Bond series by Ian Flemming are $.99 each. Only the first book is full price.

Abandon - Blake Crouch $1.99 Amazon
Old 01-08-2021, 11:16 AM   #5032
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3, PPW 2 3, HDX, KBasic 5, 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Contagion By Robin Cook $1.99 Amazon Kobo and B&N
I'm a big Robin Cook fan. Each book is a medical thriller focusing on some controversial thing in the medical field (author is an actual doctor, retired now).

A Spirited Tail By Leighann Dobbs FREE Amazon, Kobo and B&N
I've read this author and enjoyed her mystery cozies, but she's hit or miss.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 01:30 PM   #5033
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Enter a Murderer is the second in the awesome IMO Inspector Alleyn series by Ngaio Marsh. It's on sale as part of today's US Kindle Daily Deal, not matched by Kobo US, at least as of now...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Enter-Murdere...dp/B00BI8CE2K/
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/Enter-Murde...dp/B00BI8CE2K/

Spoiler:
Quote:
A policeman in the audience sees an all-too-real death scene on a London stage: “Good enough to satisfy the most critical reader of detective stories.” —The New York Times

Inspector Roderick Alleyn has been invited to an opening night, a new play in which two characters quarrel and then struggle for a gun, with predictably sad results. Even sadder, the gun was not, in fact, loaded with blanks. And when it comes to interviewing witnesses, actors can be a deceptive lot . . .

“It’s time to start comparing Christie to Marsh instead of the other way around.” —New York Magazine
Old 01-08-2021, 01:32 PM   #5034
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Now $1.99 at Kindle US, not matched, at least as of now, at Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Vanishing-Box...dp/B078986QGK/
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/Vanishing-B...dp/B078986QGK/

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Also in the Amazon UK Monthly deal:

The Vanishing Box by Elly Griffiths for £0.99

The fourth in her Brighton Mysteries (Stephens/Mephisto). Which is fortunate for me, as I've just finished reading the third one.
Old 01-08-2021, 01:55 PM   #5035
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Most of Edward Marston's Railway Detective books seem to go on sale pretty often in the UK (in fact, most of Marston's books seem to go on sale in the UK fairly often), but this is the first time I've caught The Stationmaster's Farewell, which is the ninth in the series, on sale. It has dropped to £1.99 at Kindle UK.

Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007XF8GM4
Kindle UK/Smile: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007XF8GM4

Spoiler:
Quote:
Guy Fawkes Night, 1857. Joel Heygate is the popular stationmaster at Exeter St David’s railway station – an impressive figure of a man replete with frock coat and top hat, bushy eyebrows and walrus moustache. But when the charred remains of a body are discovered in the embers of the town’s annual Bonfire Night celebration, everyone is horrified when it becomes clear that they belong to Mr Heygate.

The South Devon Railway contacts Scotland Yard for their assistance, and Superintendant Edward Tallis sends the Railway Detective Inspector Robert Colbeck and his assistant Victor Leeming to Exeter with all due haste. They quickly unearth three suspects, but are they missing something? It is only when Heygate’s diary turns up unexpectedly that the truth becomes clear and a fourth suspect emerges. As Colbeck closes in on the killer, he finds himself in mortal danger - can justice prevail? Or will his beloved Madeleine be robbed of a husband on the very eve of their marriage?
Old 01-08-2021, 03:16 PM   #5036
disconnected
Evangelist
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Several more Felony & Mayhem titles. I know some of them are repeats but I haven’t tried to weed them out.

Dead Men Don't Ski (Henry Tibbett Book 1) by Patricia Moyes
https://www.amazon.com/Dead-Men-Dont...-text&sr=1-199

The Sunken Sailor (Henry Tibbett Book 2) by Patricia Moyes
https://www.amazon.com/Sunken-Sailor...-text&sr=1-187

Falling Star (Henry Tibbett Book 5) by Patricia Moyes
https://www.amazon.com/Falling-Star-...-text&sr=1-202

Artists in Crime (Roderick Alleyn Book 6) by Ngaio Marsh
https://www.amazon.com/Artists-Crime...-text&sr=1-195

Overture to Death (Roderick Alleyn Book 8) by Ngaio Marsh
https://www.amazon.com/Overture-Deat...-text&sr=1-185

Surfeit of Lampreys (Roderick Alleyn Book 10) by Ngaio Marsh
https://www.amazon.com/Surfeit-Lampr...-text&sr=1-194

Swing, Brother, Swing (Roderick Alleyn Book 15) by Ngaio Marsh
https://www.amazon.com/Swing-Brother...-text&sr=1-198

Unexpected Night (Henry Gamadge Book 1) by Elizabeth Daly
https://www.amazon.com/Unexpected-Ni...-text&sr=1-196

Any Shape or Form (Henry Gamadge Book 9) by Elizabeth Daly
https://www.amazon.com/Any-Shape-For...-text&sr=1-197

The Book of the Crime (Henry Gamadge 16) by Elizabeth Daly
https://www.amazon.com/Book-Crime-He...-text&sr=1-200

The Herring in the Library (The Ethelred and Elsie Mysteries Book 3) by L.C. Tyler
https://www.amazon.com/Herring-Libra...-text&sr=1-203

Herring on the Nile (The Ethelred and Elsie Mysteries Book 4) by L.C. Tyler (Author)
https://www.amazon.com/Herring-Nile-...-text&sr=1-209

Skeleton Key (Todd & Georgine Book 1) by Lenore Glen Offord
https://www.amazon.com/Skeleton-Key-...-text&sr=1-210

My True Love Lies by Lenore Glen Offord
https://www.amazon.com/True-Love-Lie...-text&sr=1-186
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:17 PM   #5037
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Okayyyy then. It's time to start collecting Ngaio Marsh in ebook (to someday replace the paperbacks?). Thank you!!!

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 01-08-2021 at 08:49 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 12:21 PM   #5038
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Another Felony and Mayhem press author has a book on sale...

Written in Blood is the fourth in the Inspector Barnaby series by Caroline Graham, and was a finalist for a Last Laugh Dagger back in 1994. It's on sale for $1.99. This series has been available and on sale from time to time in the UK, where it appears Headline has the rights, but nice to see a title on sale in the US too. It's not on sale at Kobo US, at least as of now, just Kindle.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Written-Blood...dp/B00OMCD608/
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/Written-Blo...dp/B00OMCD608/

Spoiler:
Quote:
When a visiting author is suspected of murder, the case is hardly open and shut in this English village mystery novel by the author of Death in Disguise.

The Midsomer Worthy’s Writers’ Circle has never had much luck in attracting guest speakers. Consequently, there is much surprise when best-selling novelist Max Jennings accepts their invitation. But the members are even more surprised by their secretary, Gerald Hadleigh, who furiously objects to hosting Jennings—and offers no explanation.

Surprise turns into a variety of responses when Hadleigh is found dead the morning after Jennings’ visitation. Chief Inspector Barnaby soon determines that the key to solving the murder will lie with the illustrious Jennings. There’s only one problem: the famous author has disappeared.
Old 01-09-2021, 04:39 PM   #5039
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Although it wasn't his first series, the Domesday Book series was the first of Edward Marston's many series that I read, and it's still my favorite of his. The titles have been hard to get in e-book until recently, when it appears he may have gotten the rights back to some/all of them, and they've been coming out from Allison & Busby. Now the third title in the series, The Dragons of Archenfield, has dropped to £1.99 at Kindle UK. As of now, it hasn't dropped in the US.

Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B082P93VFP/
Kindle UK/Smile: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B082P93VFP/

Spoiler:
Quote:
Ralph Delchard, a soldier who fought at the Battle of Hastings, and Gervase Bret, a talented lawyer, have been commissioned by William the Conqueror to look into irregularities brought to light during the compilation of the Domesday Book, the great survey of England. Their investigations take them throughout the kingdom, but the pair often find themselves embroiled in more sinister mysteries in the towns they visit. The King’s work is a dangerous business.

Ralph Delchard and Gervase Bret arrive in Archenfield for what should be a straightforward assignment. But they are shocked to discover that a principal witness has been murdered, burned alive in his own home. With an enigmatic symbol the only clue to the killer’s identity, the pair must use their wits to expose the person responsible.

The first title in this series, The Wolves of Savernake, was on sale a little while ago, and it's still available at a pretty good price (£1.49) in the UK, although no longer on sale in the US. It's also KU in both countries, although be forewarned that the rest of the series isn't. Info and links in this previous post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4029323
Old 01-09-2021, 08:02 PM   #5040
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

There is an omnibus of the first eighteen titles in the Meg Langslow series, by Donna Andrews. It's called The Meg Langslow Series Thus Far: Books 1-18 of the Series. It's been available in the UK before in the £40 range a couple of times, and in the £30 range once, but now it's on sale for £18.57. That works out to only a bit more than £1 each if you need them all. But this could work out to a pretty good deal even if you just need some of them, so do your math! I'm quite fond of this series, and I've laughed out loud through many of the books, and not just the puns in their titles !

Link and additional info in this previous post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4051218