Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-22-2021, 07:39 AM   #2461
georgemk
Zealot
georgemk can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegeorgemk can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegeorgemk can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegeorgemk can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegeorgemk can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegeorgemk can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegeorgemk can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegeorgemk can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegeorgemk can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegeorgemk can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegeorgemk can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: nook Simple Touch with Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by mietek81 View Post
So how one can install latest version on Win 7 64bit? Doesn't installer blocks unsupported systems?
Have a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=334841 for one approach to install Calibre 5 on Windows 7
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM   #2462
jiembe
Zealot
jiembe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo; Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Most likely @jiembe copied the Calibre from hi Windows 10 system.

Your solution is to upgrade to Windows 10.
Nope. I installed Calibre on windows 7 32 bits originally with version 3. Pass to 64 bits with version 4 and upgraded it since. I installed it on windows 10 last year only.

Installer never block anything.

ADD. Maybe it was Calibre version 2 originally.

Last edited by jiembe; Yesterday at 10:03 AM.
jiembe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM   #2463
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiembe View Post
Nope. I installed Calibre on windows 7 32 bits originally with version 3. Pass to 64 bits with version 4 and upgraded it since. I installed it on windows 10 last year only.

Installer never block anything.

ADD. Maybe it was Calibre version 2 originally.
You said you are using the last version of Calibre on Windows 7. That would be 5.9 back then. So how did you install Calibre 5.9 on Windows 7?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM   #2464
jiembe
Zealot
jiembe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo; Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You said you are using the last version of Calibre on Windows 7. That would be 5.9 back then. So how did you install Calibre 5.9 on Windows 7?
I talk through my hat there. I check back my 7 machine and find that I haven't upgrade it to Calibre 5. Sorry. I use the 7 for other purpose now so my wrongful and unthinking affirmation (which was right until 5).
jiembe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM   #2465
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiembe View Post
I talk through my hat there. I check back my 7 machine and find that I haven't upgrade it to Calibre 5. Sorry. I use the 7 for other purpose now so my wrongful and unthinking affirmation (which was right until 5).
Do you have Calibre 4.23 on your Windows 7 machine? It's the only version of Calibre that's compatible with Calibre 5 since Calibre 5 changed the database format.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one