Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-14-2023, 05:37 PM   #1
oldronin
oldronin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Fire Tablet HD 8 Plus 12th Gen Failing to Communicate

Hello,

I just purchased the latest Kindle Fire 12th Gen HD 8 Plus tablet in December. It is unable to connect to Calibre, regardless of my many attempts to fix it based on information found in these forums. I have tried the following:

1. Tried different cables
2. Factory reset the tablet
3. Tried it with and without the memory card in the tablet
4. Tried it with the memory card formatted as either internal storage or portable storage
5. I've ensured both Calibre (6.11) and the tablet (8.3.1.3) are on the latest versions.
6. I've made sure to select "File Transfer" under USB Preferences when connected (which is the same for my previous Fire tablets)
7. Ensured I can fully browse all of the files on the device and the storage card (when present) through Windows, so maybe it's not the Media Transfer Protocol?

There are several other posts about the new HD 8 Plus not connecting, but it was unclear if it was due to not selecting "File Transfer" to connect properly.

However, these two below are having the same issue, similar steps to resolve it before posting and still no joy.
Does anyone have any other ideas on how to solve this that I may have overlooked? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have an 2021 HD 10 and a 2018 HD 8 that both work with Calibre, no problems, although I just sent back the HD 8 for the trade-in value (kicking myself for not keeping it before trying this, but didn't expect it to be an issue).

Calibre Error:
calibre, version 6.11.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:336:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x80042009 wCode=7689] IDispatch error #7689: o12

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 88, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 540, in _books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 219, in books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 191, in get_driveinfo
File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 271, in filesystem_cache
wpd.WPDError: C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:336:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x80042009 wCode=7689] IDispatch error #7689: o12
oldronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 11:05 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I would post in calibre forum here.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2023, 02:26 PM   #3
oldronin
oldronin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Good call, just did that. Thank you!
oldronin is offline   Reply With Quote