Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-20-2020, 10:39 AM   #31
stiivo
Enthusiast
stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Im not sure if this is the right thread or if its known, but after installing this update + patches, I realised that if I go into KOReader and exit to default Nickel menu the usb connection is not triggered when connecting the usb cable. Rebooting the device sorts this out. Im not sure if this was the same before with the previous build.
stiivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:28 AM   #32
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
The plot thickens: so there must be "something" which determines when to display this entry. It is not related to:
  • language
  • config file
  • affiliation
  • version
  • dev-mode
and to further thicken the plot - my devices were updated via a combination of OTA and manual updates....
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2020, 11:46 AM   #33
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiivo View Post
Im not sure if this is the right thread or if its known, but after installing this update + patches, I realised that if I go into KOReader and exit to default Nickel menu the usb connection is not triggered when connecting the usb cable. Rebooting the device sorts this out. Im not sure if this was the same before with the previous build.
I think this was fixed by NiLuJe in koreader recently.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 12:06 PM   #34
stiivo
Enthusiast
stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I think this was fixed by NiLuJe in koreader recently.
thats strange as i reinstalled OCP-Plato-0.9.2_KOReader-v2020.08.zip and still got the same issue :/
Old 08-20-2020, 12:22 PM   #35
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@stiivo: It's fixed in current nightlies. It'll hit a stable hotfix (2020.08.1) Soon(TM).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2020, 02:43 PM   #36
stiivo
Enthusiast

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@stiivo: It's fixed in current nightlies. It'll hit a stable hotfix (2020.08.1) Soon(TM).
Awesome thanks for the update and apologies for pointing this out, im a quality assurance engineer by profession so sometimes its hard to switch that off lol
Old 08-20-2020, 02:53 PM   #37
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All hail good QA people! .
Old 08-20-2020, 03:57 PM   #38
MustardOrMayo
Connoisseur
MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mimas (main) + (many others)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
the short lived Firmware 4.23.15505 and now (hot off the press) Firmware 4.23.15548 both have the scrollbar, the scrollbar appears wider with this release which is good, but neither Firmware as far as i can tell will let me type in a page number and go directly to that page. i have 950 pages of books and before Firmware's 4.23.15505/4.23.15548 i could go to any of those pages easily. where now i have no way of knowing which page in my book list i'm on.

if Kobo have dropped the type in the page number you want to go to i can't understand why they'd do that.

best wishes koboy
Yeah, I miss that too! I'd like to see a way to tap the scroll head to get that "Go to page" prompt! As I previously mentioned:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardOrMayo View Post
However, I do still miss the "Go to page" prompt, which was useful for navigating through my wish-list.
Quote:
All hail good QA people! .
Yeah!
MustardOrMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 04:04 PM   #39
NiLuJe
BLAM!

On the subject of obscure minor fixes no-one in their right mind should ever notice: the DHCP client now only explicitly handles the Wi-Fi interface.

That was driving me a little bit nuts when USBNet was enabled, because it meant dhcpcd was spamming the syslog to its little heart's content when trying to handle an interface that's generally set-up statically, so, thanks .
Old 08-20-2020, 04:24 PM   #40
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 6 phone, Kobo Clara HD, Libra H2O
Quote:
Many thanks from me, too, for the quick fix on this and the WiFi issue.
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 04:56 PM   #41
MustardOrMayo
Connoisseur
MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mimas (main) + (many others)
I got screenshots! Again!

I'll only be showing differences between this and firmware 4.23.15505. As such, click here to see the rest of the changes in this release.

This firmware release is a bugfix release, and I've only noticed the following:
  1. Kobo forgot to include release notes in this release. Well, now they did!
    • However, only 3 out of my 4 Kobo e-readers show the release notes for this release:
      • Clara HD (OTA updated)
      • Glo HD (sideloaded update file)
      • Aura (second) (sideloaded update file)
    • The only one that seems to be displaying release notes for 4.22 instead of 4.23 is my first Aura (EDIT 2: sideloaded update file too), which is on the regular "kobo" affiliate like my Glo HD and Clara HD are, while my second Aura is on the Indigo Books affiliate ("KoboIndigo"), which I'm certain doesn't include a custom update channel.
  2. Scrollbars have been tweaked.
    • They now have arrow buttons!
    • However, I still miss the "Go to page" prompt, and wish Kobo would bring that back and make it accessible by tapping on the scroll head without holding down and/or dragging.

I've decided to only show the revised scrollbar.

Don't mind the time displayed, as I'm very much a "night" person! However, if you're wondering why the clock is in 24-hour time in my screenshots, I followed someone else's suggestion on another thread that showed how to switch the date formats from US to UK so that I can get 24-hour time and day before month in dates. I still wish this was an officially supported feature, or at least accessible from the "Beta Features" menu.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_004.png
Views:	410
Size:	283.4 KB
ID:	181461   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_005.png
Views:	396
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	181462  

Last edited by MustardOrMayo; 08-20-2020 at 05:04 PM. Reason: EDIT 1: I meant "revised scrollbar", not "new scrollbar".
MustardOrMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 05:19 PM   #42
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
The arrows are a little change, but a nice one. I like the direction the firmware is going. I have noticed the changes have made me use more patches (I'm up to seven now), but once patched, I like the firmware updates.

Now if they would put the same level of care into kepub rendering, I'd be a happy customer.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 06:31 PM   #43
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
OTOH, I do miss typing in a random number to pick a random read.
Personally, I'd love an "open random book" feature.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 06:32 PM   #44
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
I definitely appreciate the arrows to scroll one page at a time. They are manageable on my KA1, but they are still small, so I wonder how manageable they are on smaller screens.
Perfectly usable on 6" screen.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 06:33 PM   #45
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
Personally, I'd love an "open random book" feature.
Or open random book in this category , series, author, articles, etc.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release