Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 02-12-2020, 09:55 AM   #91
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I’m going to flip my water theme: Life’s a Beach: Water, Water Everywhere. It makes more sense that way, I think, and puts the focus on water. Done.

If there’s no more input on themes, this would be a good time for people to request special months for their themes or blackout months because they know they won’t be around. With eight themes, we’re covering the months from April through November for the discussions and March through October for nominations.

Once people weigh in on that, we can set up the schedule so people are able to start thinking about their March nominations.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 11:47 AM   #92
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I’m going to flip my water theme: Life’s a Beach: Water, Water Everywhere. It makes more sense that way, I think, and puts the focus on water. Done.
I'm glad you changed. Cultural Jam had me wondering about abandoning Revolution since it could have had significant overlap (e.g., cultural revolutions), but now I'll stick with it.

I don't have a strong preference for a month. Since my theme is potentially political, maybe August, so as to be between the two U.S. political party conventions.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2020, 02:08 PM   #93
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I don't have any real preferences for months right now.

The two that have loose seasonal connections to me are colors and beaches. Maybe colors in October (fall color time) and water/beach in July/August? Really doesn't matter to me though.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:39 PM   #94
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I don't have any real preferences for months right now.

The two that have loose seasonal connections to me are colors and beaches. Maybe colors in October (fall color time) and water/beach in July/August? Really doesn't matter to me though.
It might be useful to get a sense of which months don’t work for a particular member in regard to his or her theme, because she or he will be away or busy. Then we can slot them all in, with regard to affinities and avoiding juxtaposing those which overlap. I know it can be hard to know what might be going on in your life next fall!
Old 02-12-2020, 03:30 PM   #95
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I have a holiday for a couple of weeks in July, so would prefer not to be in that month. Otherwise, all months are okay with me.

I think your flipped water theme does work better, issybird.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2020, 05:49 PM   #96
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
July is generally my busiest work time, so I'd rather not be discussing my theme in that month (I may or may not be available). Otherwise I don't have any preferences.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:12 PM   #97
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

July might be a good time for the Water theme anyway - summer for the rest of us and winter for the busy.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:18 AM   #98
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Or a time to troop the colours.

Seriously, I don't care when mine shows up.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 01:27 AM   #99
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Or a time to troop the colours.

Seriously, I don't care when mine shows up.
I think they Troop the Colour in June, as that's when we have the Queen's Birthday long weekend. Better weather for said outdoors pomp and circumstance.

So maybe yours should be in June Charlie.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:19 AM   #100
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

I don’t think there’s a lot riding on scheduling. Anyone should feel free to have a go at it. Perhaps we could get it set before the discussion starts Saturday morning here in eastern America.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:42 AM   #101
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

Here's a first go:

April Tales of Tales
May Guilty Pleasures
June Chasing Rainbows (to go with Trooping the Colour)
July Life's a beach (northern summer holiday reading)
Aug Tasty Morsels (some people on holidays still so short stories)
Sept Over the hills
Oct The times they are a'changin' (a revolutionary month historically)
Nov If books could kill
Old 02-13-2020, 07:50 AM   #102
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Here's a first go:

April Tales of Tales
May Guilty Pleasures
June Chasing Rainbows (to go with Trooping the Colour)
July Life's a beach (northern summer holiday reading)
Aug Tasty Morsels (some people on holidays still so short stories)
Sept Over the hills
Oct The times they are a'changin' (a revolutionary month historically)
Nov If books could kill
Thanks, Bookpossum! That looks good to me. The race goes to the swift.

Does anyone have tweaks to suggest?
Old 02-14-2020, 06:27 AM   #103
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Let’s take this as set, then. I’ll link to the above post in the Welcome thread and Dazrin can update his thread at his leisure.

Thanks to all!
Old 02-14-2020, 01:36 PM   #104
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I've updated the list post and the spreadsheet ("Complete List" tab) with these categories. Please make sure I have them input properly and let me know if there are corrections to be made. Thank you.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote