Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-17-2018, 07:34 PM   #1
Derf
Connoisseur
Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD / Mac User
Errors

Hi,
I have a column in Calibre that I call 'read status'. Here I label a book as 'to read', 'reading', and 'read'. I recently started reading a book and set the status to 'reading'. Then I sideloaded the book on my Kobo Clara. After I finished it I went to manually set the status to 'Read', and I got an error.

Quote:
calibre, version 3.27.1
ERROR: Failed to set data: Could not set data, click Show Details to see why.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/library/models.py", line 1091, in setData
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/library/models.py", line 1117, in _set_data
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/library/models.py", line 1080, in set_custom_column_data
File "site-packages/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 659, in set_custom
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1092, in set_field
File "site-packages/calibre/db/write.py", line 544, in set_books
File "site-packages/calibre/db/write.py", line 405, in many_many
File "site-packages/calibre/db/write.py", line 272, in get_db_id
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 843, in execute
File "src/cursor.c", line 236, in resetcursor
BusyError: BusyError: database is locked
Then I tried to change the Rating of the book from 5 stars to 4 stars and I got another error: "Could not set data entry"
Quote:
calibre, version 3.27.1
ERROR: Failed to set data: Could not set data, click Show Details to see why.

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/library/models.py", line 1091, in setData
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/library/models.py", line 1129, in _set_data
File "site-packages/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 824, in func
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 63, in call_func_with_lock
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1092, in set_field
File "site-packages/calibre/db/write.py", line 544, in set_books
File "site-packages/calibre/db/write.py", line 357, in many_one
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 855, in executemany
BusyError: BusyError: database is locked
Also, I tried to enable a feature in the Kobo driver to Backup the device database on each connection and I get an error:"Failed backing up Kobo Device Database."
Quote:
calibre, version 3.27.1 (darwin, embedded-python: True)
Failed to backup device database: Failed: Backing up Kobo device database

CantOpenError: unable to open database file

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 196, in do_device_database_backup
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 4722, in check_device_database
File "src/cursor.c", line 1019, in APSWCursor_execute.sqlite3_prepare
File "src/statementcache.c", line 386, in sqlite3_prepare
CantOpenError: CantOpenError: unable to open database file
Can anyone help with these errors?
Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:33 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf View Post
Also, I tried to enable a feature in the Kobo driver to Backup the device database on each connection and I get an error:"Failed backing up Kobo Device Database."

Can anyone help with these errors?
I can only really comment on the last one.

Errors during the backup like this usually mean the database on the device is corrupt. The Kobo Utilities plugin copies the database from the device and then does check on it to make sure it is OK. If it isn't, you will get an error and the backup won't be completed. But, that error usually indicates a bad enough problem that I would expect to see an error when calibre tried to get the list of books from the device.

Can you run the database check from the Kobo Utilities menu when the device is connected? I'd like to see if that displays any errors.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2018, 09:49 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Those errors are typically a symptom of something interfering with calibre. Usually an antivirus program or a file sync program like dropbox, try excluding the calibre library folders from the antivirus/dropbox and you should be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:17 AM   #4
Derf
Connoisseur
Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD / Mac User
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Can you run the database check from the Kobo Utilities menu when the device is connected? I'd like to see if that displays any errors.
Result of running 'PRAGMA integrity_check' on database on the Kobo device:
ok
Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:33 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf View Post
Result of running 'PRAGMA integrity_check' on database on the Kobo device:
ok
In that case, I think Kovid is right and something is blocking access to these files from calibre. I don't use a Mac, so I have no idea what it would be.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert