Old 02-15-2014, 04:09 AM   #46
kallaim
kallaim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi (N647B)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy320 View Post
PM sent...
Hi,

I'm facing the same problem after the great 1.9.11 update, my e-reader is almost unusable. Could you send me the link for the image?

Thanks
Old 02-15-2014, 05:48 AM   #47
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallaim View Post
I'm facing the same problem after the great 1.9.11 update, my e-reader is almost unusable. Could you send me the link for the image?
I can, but I would suggest just doing a factory reset. That will take you back to the factory release firmware without the risk of opening the device. Upgrading to 1.9.11 after that might install it cleanly. Otherwise, you will need to find a copy of whatever firmware you were running before. I assume this is 1.9.10.
Advert
Old 02-15-2014, 06:03 AM   #48
flyboy320
Groupie
flyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo wifi E-Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallaim View Post
Hi,

Thanks
PM sent.

After using my image file for about a month, I started the Kobo yesterday, and it gave the "updating software on your reader" message when starting. It then started up but could not find any books. Figured I could keep flashing the image file to get it back, but decided to call Kobo.

They said this is a known problem (when updating to 1.9 firmware), and they are replacing it for free. I had to take several pictures of it and email them in, but they are replacing it without question (they do want to the old one back, shipping paid by them). I bought it three years ago and don't have the reciept.

So for everyone wit this problem, it might be worth your time to give kobo a call and see if they can help you out.

Last edited by flyboy320; 02-15-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:36 AM   #49
kallaim
kallaim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi (N647B)
Thanks for the image and info.
Unfortunately my device stucks on powered off screen, when I try to power it on the light shows up.
I contacted the customer service.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:18 AM   #50
pinkey
pinkey began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
Hi
My n647b is stuck after updating, my kobo is now unusable.

I've tried resetting but nothing works :'(

Please could you send me the link for the image?

I'd be very grateful

Thanks in advance.
Advert
Old 02-22-2014, 05:40 AM   #51
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

pinkey: PM Sent
Old 02-23-2014, 05:05 AM   #52
pinkey
pinkey began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
pinkey: PM Sent
thank you I'll play with it today
Old 02-24-2014, 03:40 AM   #53
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by desoto View Post
Here are the steps Kobo sent for an "external factory reset". Warning that it will delete everything, although your Kobo purchased books should still be available to re-download from your Kobo account.

External Factory Reset of Kobo Wifi: DEVICE MUST BE CHARGED FOR A FULL 4 HOURS BEFORE RESET(Read instructions first, before you start doing any form of action)
--------------------------------------------------------
1.Press and hold on the Power Putton
2.While Holding on the Power Button press and hold on the Menu Button.
3.Release the Power Button after 15 seconds.
4.Release the Menu Button 10 seconds after release the Power button.
eReader should be back to Default Setting.

Good luck.
so how does that work for a Kobo that has no menu button ?e.g. the aura HD

is there a different reset script for each device
Old 02-24-2014, 05:06 AM   #54
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
so how does that work for a Kobo that has no menu button ?e.g. the aura HD

is there a different reset script for each device
Yes. I believe it's hold light + press power for the Auras, AFTER charging and doing a long power-hold to turn it off (regardless of what's showing on the screen).
Old 03-12-2014, 04:30 PM   #55
matt_w
matt_w began at the beginning.

Device: n647b Kobo Wifi
Hi

I've just joined the ranks of Kobo Readers having been given an old eReader Wifi (N647B). As it was new to me I did a factory reset and then connected it. The reader did an update and now exhibits the symptoms that have been described by many others - stuck on booting screen with 7 squares.

I have tried the factory reset sequence to no avail. I have taken the device apart and now have access to the internal micro SD card. PLEASE does anyone have a link to the standard image that I would be able to restore the device with?

I assume that I use the USB Duplicator Image Writer to to transfer the image to SD card?

Thanks in advance

Matt - The proud owner of a bricked eReader Wifi
Old 03-12-2014, 04:46 PM   #56
flyboy320
Groupie
flyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo wifi E-Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_w View Post
Hi

I've just joined the ranks of Kobo Readers having been given an old eReader Wifi (N647B). As it was new to me I did a factory reset and then connected it. The reader did an update and now exhibits the symptoms that have been described by many others - stuck on booting screen with 7 squares.

I have tried the factory reset sequence to no avail. I have taken the device apart and now have access to the internal micro SD card. PLEASE does anyone have a link to the standard image that I would be able to restore the device with?

I assume that I use the USB Duplicator Image Writer to to transfer the image to SD card?

Thanks in advance

Matt - The proud owner of a bricked eReader Wifi
PM sent...
Old 03-17-2014, 09:31 PM   #57
Clutchoid
Clutchoid began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Hey guys,

Possible I could get an image of the Kobo Wifi too? been following the forums and looks like I need a img file. Would really appreciate it
Old 03-17-2014, 10:01 PM   #58
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM Sent
Old 03-28-2014, 03:30 AM   #59
read791
read791 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi (N647)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy320 View Post
PM sent...
Hey Flyboy,

A new user with the same old problem.
I'm requesting a PM for the image file too.
Thanks and much appreciation in advance.

Cheers!
Old 03-28-2014, 04:54 AM   #60
read791
read791 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi (N647)
Sorry didn't mean to exclude anyone else.
If someone has the image file on hand,
I would be very grateful for the PM with the info
to the file.

Thanks again.
Closed Thread