Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 12:19 AM   #46
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
There is an auto image that you can download that does everything, including market and superuser at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=872490. If you browse more into the thread he gives even more clear (and easy) instructions on how to use the image. It took me about 5 minutes, was simple, and my Android Market works perfectly. In fact, I haven't had a single problem yet.

I have not had a chance to even write my review for this thing because I am too busy reading or playing with this thing every night. I am so bad. This was the best birthday present I've had in years.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:54 AM   #47
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Coldsun, can you verify that the autoimage installed the latest Market app? I'm still using the older market, and when you do a search with the older market with the screen in portrait, you are not able to scroll the results (Scion mentioned that it does work and landscape). Are you able to scroll Market search results in portrait mode?
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 08:18 AM   #48
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Did anyone have a spontaneous reset last night? Mine did and now while Market is still on my nookColor, I can't access the google market or utilize any of my rooted nook features. This guy over at the nook dev boards had the same issue.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:44 AM   #49
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
I installed ADW Launcher last night and rebooted. I played around with it and thought it was nice.

However, I accidentally clicked for the stock NC launcher as the default the next time I rebooted. Now, I can't figure out how to launch ADW again. Can anyone help?
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #50
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Coldsun, can you verify that the autoimage installed the latest Market app? I'm still using the older market, and when you do a search with the older market with the screen in portrait, you are not able to scroll the results (Scion mentioned that it does work and landscape). Are you able to scroll Market search results in portrait mode?
I noticed this as well, in portrait I can't scroll results. I'll look into this today.
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 09:18 AM   #51
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane View Post
Did anyone have a spontaneous reset last night? Mine did and now while Market is still on my nookColor, I can't access the google market or utilize any of my rooted nook features. This guy over at the nook dev boards had the same issue.
I did have a reboot last night, but everything is still working perfectly. My only problem is scrolling search results in portrait mode of the market. I can still download and do all the other rooted stuff.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #52
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
I installed ADW Launcher last night and rebooted. I played around with it and thought it was nice.

However, I accidentally clicked for the stock NC launcher as the default the next time I rebooted. Now, I can't figure out how to launch ADW again. Can anyone help?
I downloaded a free app called "Home Switcher" that will let you switch your default home application and even set which of them is default. Easy to use and solves the above problem.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:45 AM   #53
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
I installed the new Market. You can scroll search results in portrait mode.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:46 AM   #54
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
I downloaded a free app called "Home Switcher" that will let you switch your default home application and even set which of them is default. Easy to use and solves the above problem.
Thanks. That did the job. Love it.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:10 AM   #55
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

I was able to reroot easily using the SD card with the autonooter image on it. I might buy a small microSD card and just keep the root book image on it for future purposes. There is a shell command that you can run to keep the nook from autoupdating. Apparently there is an update imminent.

Now if I could get the ad hoc wi fi to work, we would be in real business.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #56
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane View Post
There is a shell command that you can run to keep the nook from autoupdating....
I read the thread, but don't see the shell command or link to it.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #57
da_jane
Evangelist

Sorry, try this link.

Does anyone know if the adhoc instructions work on a Mac? I've only seen windows references.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #58
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

Hi Scion,

How did you update your market app?
Old 12-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #59
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Hi Scion,

After overcoming the fear of screwing something up, I just used my file manager (Astro). It was smart enough to recognize it as a system file update and did its thing. Don't forget to rename the file to vending.apk.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #60
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Hi Scion,

1. Get the .apk from this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=872621

2. Rename it Vending.apk

3. Move it to your microsd card

4. Use a file manager (Astro or Estrong) to install it from the micro sd card.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote