Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-19-2020, 07:18 AM   #1
Winnito
Enthusiast
Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Column not being set

A bit similar issue, I think.

I'm using a virtual library to sort recently opened books with search expression: #lastopened:"2020"

So, the issue I have is that the book is only "opened" if you double-click it in the mail window. If you open a specific format (like PDF or Word) from Book detail window, it will not register as book being opened. Anyone has ideas as why this is so? tnx
Winnito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 04:02 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnito View Post
A bit similar issue, I think.
[It's nothing like - moved to another thread]

I'm using a virtual library to sort recently opened books with search expression: #lastopened:"2020"

So, the issue I have is that the book is only "opened" if you double-click it in the mail window. If you open a specific format (like PDF or Word) from Book detail window, it will not register as book being opened. Anyone has ideas as why this is so? tnx
  1. How is #lastopened set?
  2. Is it via JobSpy->Update Last-Viewed Custom Column Automatically feature? If it is then I'll merge this thread into the PI thread.
  3. Otherwise -
BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2020, 06:51 PM   #3
Winnito
Enthusiast
Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Hmm...thnx for moving it...

so, it's a custom collum, type date, Lookup name is #lastopened

so...for some reason, hitting the format and opening the book is not registering as "last opened". If I hit the book name in the grid (which by default opens epubs) then #lastopened data is updated.

Didn't even know for JobSpy option to update cells, let me check that one as well
Old 11-21-2020, 03:37 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
But what updates #lastopened?

The '#' indicates it is a custom column, they have to be set manually or via an optional plugin. What optional plugins do you have installed.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 12:19 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
1.0.178 of Job Spy added the Last-Viewed Custom Column update as an option, but it only worked on the explicit 'view' action.

Changes were made in .182 and .183 to make it compatible with the other methods of viewing (e.g. clicking on the format in book details) and .187 added support for the Annotations Browser.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2020, 03:24 PM   #6
Winnito
Enthusiast

Hmm...I got .188 installed...let me check

Can I change #Lastviewed into my #lastopened column in settings...or do I need to make #LastViewed as Date first?

tnx
Old 11-21-2020, 03:27 PM   #7
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I would also check that you didn't accidentally restrict it to specific libraries.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-11-21 16_27_18-Customize Job Spy.png
Views:	62
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	183512
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 03:40 PM   #8
Winnito
Enthusiast

Mine is set up the same way.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:45 PM   #9
Winnito
Enthusiast

OK, I've restarted the Calibre and it works now...not sure what really changed. Except that I had to change the #CC set by jobspy from #lastviewed to my own #lastopened

So maybe this was a glitch with plugin update...so it reversed the plugin to factory settings perhaps?