Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-22-2018, 10:36 AM   #1
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
Calibredb Catalog "cannot generate catalog in EPUB format

I am trying to track down a discrepancy between the number and search criteria of books generated by the catalog command in the GUI, which is correct, and those generated by the calibredb catalog command line which is incorrect. Both use the exact same search or filter criteria.

However I am stopped dead as all of a sudden my test batch file does not work anymore and yields the less than useful message of "cannot generate a catalog in the EPUB format". I have already spent a great deal of time trying to understand this failure and get on with my testing but have run out of ideas about what the problem really is and how to correct. Can anyone make helpful suggestions as to what I might try next, please? Also adding --verbose to the command line does not seem to add anything to the output.

C:\Users\rracoon\Documents\EPUB Stuff>calibredb catalog "C:\Users\rracoon\Documents\Epub Stuff\test all eBooks.EPUB" --preset="Allen's Catalogs" --search="#booktype:ebook and format:true" --verbose
DeDRM v6.1.0: In __init__
DeDRM v6.1.0: In load_resources
DeDRM v6.1.0: verdir C:\Users\rracoon\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\D eDRM\6.1.0
DeDRM v6.1.0: In initialize
Cannot generate an catalog in the EPUB format

C:\Users\rracoon\Documents\EPUB Stuff>pause
Press any key to continue . . .
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:41 AM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
The DeDRM-plugin looks unhappy. Try remove it and see what happens?
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2018, 11:19 AM   #3
rracoon01
Connoisseur

Cannot generate a Catalog in EPUB format

I am posting this again hoping to get some attention to my ongoing problem.

I now have a test batch file that strips down the calibredb catalog command to the bare essentials, ie: where to direct the output. I still get the same error message that it "Cannot generate a Catalog in the EPUB format".

No I have not tried to disable DEDRM because I don't know why it even comes into play as there is no need to DEDRM a file that is being created. I just need to understand why this message is being generated because it is particularly unhelpful in figuring out what to try next. Can someone much more familiar with the underlying code please look at this and give me a concrete suggestion what the issue really is and how to correct it.

Please and thanks.
C:\Users\rracoon\Documents\EPUB Stuff>calibredb catalog "C:\Users\rracoon\Documents\Calibre Library\Allen Williams\test Unread eBooks\test Unread eBooks - Allen Williams.EPUB" --exclusion-rules=(('nobook','format','false'),('nodate','#dat eread','true'))
DeDRM v6.1.0: In __init__
DeDRM v6.1.0: In load_resources
DeDRM v6.1.0: verdir C:\Users\rracoon\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\D eDRM\6.1.0
DeDRM v6.1.0: In initialize
Cannot generate a catalog in the EPUB format
C:\Users\rracoon\Documents\EPUB Stuff>pause
Press any key to continue . . .
Old 07-12-2018, 11:22 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The file extension needs to be lowercase .epub not .EPUB
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:13 PM   #5
rracoon01
Connoisseur

Wow, that worked. Pretty esoteric requirement. Might ought to fix it or at least document it. The Help on Calibredb Catalog does not mention it and all references to available file types are in upper case.

Thanks.
Advert
Old 07-13-2018, 08:19 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rracoon01 View Post
Might ought to fix it or at least document it.
Already done, see https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...6b91b12c0f824b

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote