Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-31-2016, 10:29 AM   #1
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
Dasung releasing eReader in 2017

Just saw this and I though I will share:

https://twitter.com/dasungtech?lang=en

2200x1650 resolution sounds great, never heard about an e-ink screen with a higher one!

Mysterious function... Based on Dasung past products I would bet on some kind of port to connect it to pc to make it work as a second screen. To me it seems like a natural evolution of this device. It would broaden their customer base massively. With this function they would beat all 13.3'' e-reader competition out of the water.

If you add a better refresh rate on top of it - sounds like an ultimate e-reader devices for me and my friends.
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 12:17 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This belongs in news.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2016, 01:00 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I have created a wiki page for DASUNG

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:50 AM   #4
ou4read
ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen.
I have high hopes for them and their products. Their 13.3" USB e-ink monitor seemed to work fine for typing and browing text
ou4read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:51 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Well 2200x1650 on a 13.3" screen is only 207 ppi. Not impressive by any means.

Last edited by jswinden; 01-02-2017 at 12:53 PM.
Advert
Old 01-02-2017, 01:20 PM   #6
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I have created a wiki page for DASUNG

Dale
Wow! near 1000 $ !!! o_O
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:17 PM   #7
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Well 2200x1650 on a 13.3" screen is only 207 ppi. Not impressive by any means.
I would call it step up from 1600x1200.
E Ink equired most of their competitors.
Not sure what do you expect from Ginese monopoly.
If you know about any other electronic paper maker please bring it on.

Last edited by fgdas; 01-02-2017 at 03:19 PM.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:35 AM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
I would call it step up from 1600x1200.
E Ink equired most of their competitors.
Not sure what do you expect from Ginese monopoly.
If you know about any other electronic paper maker please bring it on.
Well for example, Amazon uses 300 ppi screens. They of course do not have any device bigger than a 6" screen these days. I'm not sure what is available in 13.3" screens, but the fact remains that 207 ppi is unimpressive. At 207 ppi my eyes would be strained trying to read.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:58 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
At 207 ppi my eyes would be strained trying to read.
Really? Bear in mind that it's a 13.3" device, not a 6" device, and so you might be holding it a bit further away.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:18 PM   #10
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Really? Bear in mind that it's a 13.3" device, not a 6" device, and so you might be holding it a bit further away.
I realize that, but I've found that for my eyes the sweet spot is about 250 ppi or greater. Anything less, and 207 is considerably less, will cause eyestrain in my personal case. That is for reading of course. It is not as important for web browsing on a laptop, for example. But YMMV of course.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:39 PM   #11
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Plastic or Glass? The display panels.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:24 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Well for example, Amazon uses 300 ppi screens. They of course do not have any device bigger than a 6" screen these days. I'm not sure what is available in 13.3" screens, but the fact remains that 207 ppi is unimpressive. At 207 ppi my eyes would be strained trying to read.
you wouldn't enjoy any current device in that size. They are all 150ppi. Having a device with higher resolution in this larger display is a breakthrough for manufacturing quality. It may certainly be unimpressive to you but still impressive from a technology viewpoint and will certainly surpass many 6" devices which are still at 166ppi. It might also surprise you to know that this new ppi has nearly twice as many pixels as the old one had.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 01-03-2017 at 04:32 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:52 PM   #13
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
you wouldn't enjoy any current device in that size. They are all 150ppi. Having a device with higher resolution in this larger display is a breakthrough for manufacturing quality. It may certainly be unimpressive to you but still impressive from a technology viewpoint and will certainly surpass many 6" devices which are still at 166ppi. It might also surprise you to know that this new ppi has nearly twice as many pixels as the old one had.

Dale
You are right, I'm not impressed with lackluster. Nor am I impressed with eInk. eInk is a dinosaur now, long past its extinction date. Perhaps large eInk screens have lackluster ppi, but LCD screens bigger than this one long since went to extremely high resolutions.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:58 PM   #14
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
At 207 ppi my eyes would be strained trying to read.
I bet your eyestrain comes from reading on small 6" device.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:51 PM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
I bet your eyestrain comes from reading on small 6" device.
I dunno. I can read for hours on an eInk device, my iPad Pro gives me headaches after more than an hour of continuous reading. I will admit that when it comes to PDF files, my Aura One is a very distant second to the iPad Pro with it's larger display with more pixels, faster CPU, more RAM and all that other good stuff to make using PDF tech manuals less painful.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote