Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
Messatsu
Enthusiast
Messatsu began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry / PC / Kindle 3
Dusk - An Epic Science Fiction adventure

In the year 2500, humanity has become so technologically advanced that overpopulation has led to an Earth too arrogant to acknowledge its own failures. With the Earth overpopulated and polluted, a group of twenty premier scientists must depart on a mission to explore Asha—a distant, uninhabited planet that may offer solutions to humanity’s burgeoning problems.

But when they arrive at Asha, the scientists are brusquely greeted by a mysterious human military force that imprisons them with no explanation. They find that during their journey, a faster ship not only delivered humans to Asha, but those humans defeated Earth in an interplanetary civil war. With this war and the discovery of an inexplicable link to mankind’s past, the team finds Asha holds more mysteries than answers.

Astrophysicist Cyrus Chamberlain is among those who left behind their old lives and risked everything on this journey. Unfortunately for Dr. Chamberlain, he finds that even if he survives the many challenges this new world holds for him, he may have already lost more than he ever imagined.

Dusk is available on Kindle here:

http://www.amazon.com/Dusk-ebook/dp/...2776673&sr=8-2

And in hardcover and softcover as well.

There is a free audiobook podcast as well as an excerpt of the first five chapters available through:

http://www.AshantiLuke.com

Hope you enjoy!

- Ashanti Luke
Messatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:42 AM   #2
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Sounds very interesting and unique. Too bad its not on smashwords or in an epub version somewhere. Good luck with your book. The description sounds great.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:25 AM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Sounds very interesting and unique. Too bad its not on smashwords or in an epub version somewhere. Good luck with your book. The description sounds great.
I agree. It needs to be on Smashwords so that us ebookers who don't own a Kindle can buy and read the book.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
This sounds like a story right up my alley! Good luck with it!
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:53 AM   #5
Messatsu
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanx.

There's an ePub version on the main site:

http://www.AshantiLuke.com

Last edited by Messatsu; 08-27-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:04 AM   #6
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Hi Messatsu, your link above is a bit problematic.

This one should work
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:11 AM   #7
Messatsu
Enthusiast

Also, if there is a demand for it, I can have a version specifically for SONY Reader and several other devices produced and posted fairly quickly.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:13 AM   #8
Messatsu
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Hi Messatsu, your link above is a bit problematic.

This one should work
Lol, thanx. I fixed the original too. Should have gone to bed about an hour ago.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:40 AM   #9
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have to be honest Messatsu, you have priced your ebook a bit on the high side. (the hardback and paperback are on the insanely high side).

Dusk could be the best thing since sliced bread, but I am not sure I am ever going to know.

Good luck though!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:03 AM   #10
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
On Amazon the price for me is $10.59... Way too high a price for an ebook by an unknown author with no reviews...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:14 AM   #11
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

In the US these are the prices at Amazon

Kindle Edition
$8.59

Hardcover
$37.95

Paperback
$25.15

Like I said, it may be a great book, but at these prices I doubt many people will ever know.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:26 AM   #12
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
I went to the site and looked around and didn't see an epub version. I seen the Barnes and Noble link was that it? The price was 25+ which didn't seem right. So not sure.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:41 AM   #13
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
In the US these are the prices at Amazon

Kindle Edition
$8.59

Hardcover
$37.95

Paperback
$25.15

Like I said, it may be a great book, but at these prices I doubt many people will ever know.
Yes, it must be a GREAT book, but I'll never know...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:01 AM   #14
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Quote:
I went to the site and looked around and didn't see an epub version. I seen the Barnes and Noble link was that it? The price was 25+ which didn't seem right. So not sure.
I believe this is the ePub adobe digital edition DRM

But again, at these prices, I am not clicking anything.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #15
Messatsu
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Yes, it must be a GREAT book, but I'll never know...
The price for the ePub version is $6.29 plus tax. It is purchasable from the site itself. There is a purchase button on the "Buy Now" page.

Trust me, I don't have any control over the price of the physical copies, and if I did, it would not be that much. The eBook I do have control over, and your feedback has been taken into account and is appreciated.

Tags
fantasy sci-fi, new science fiction, sci-fi, science fiction