Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-14-2018, 09:55 AM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Question add book stuck at 0% ( but whoops..)

i could not figure out why add book was not working on a 46MB book from my kindle docs folder..

I'd stopped, started calibre a few times, even updated the alf plugin in case that was the issue

then I realised i was trying to add the English Dictionary that K for PC had helpfully downloaded recently, and not the book I thought I was adding- whoops.

So OK, I don't need to add this, but I am puzzled as to why I can't.
I would expect a format conversion to fail, on a dictionary, but I should be able to just add it into the library, like any other .azw file?

and there is no error message, just that the add popup never gets past 0%

would it work if allf was not present. I don't want to remove that, but if there's some start calibre in safe mode option - i.e. with all plug ins disabled- I could see what happens then ?

i assume that anyone who downloads the dictionary via K for PC gets the same file, so it should be easy to replicate the bug - if it is a bug. In my docs folder it is a file called B003WUYRGI_EBOK.azw 46,388Kb

Last edited by stumped; 05-14-2018 at 09:58 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:39 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The calibre command has a no-plugins option, which is documented in the User manual Ψ²

I don't have a Kindle or an Amazon account so I can't test.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2018, 12:19 AM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
ok - may get around to testing if no one else does- I doubt it is the plug in though - because I would not expect amazon to encrpyt their free dictionary for my device only before delivering it,

so there's probably some other reason why add books chokes on the dictionary file.
Will calibre log details of any next attempt somewhere& if so, where ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:08 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
ok - may get around to testing if no one else does- I doubt it is the plug in though - because I would not expect amazon to encrpyt their free dictionary for my device only before delivering it,
The dictionaries are encrypted, but with a key that's built-in to all Kindle devices and apps.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote