Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #16
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, Red & Black T3, Kobo Glo HD
That's fine but just so you understand, when making online purchases, the shipper can only use companies accessible to them. Therefore if the seller is in Canada they can only offer shipping services available for use to them in Canada. The United States Postal Service is not an option for a Canadian shipper to use. Where the buyer/receiver is located is irrelevant.

If you were to buy something from the UK they can only use their postal system for instance. They have zero access to the USPS because they're not in the US and they're not shipping from the US. They're shipping from the UK and can only offer shipping services to go from the seller in the UK to you in the US.

I hope that helps explain it a bit better for you.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #17
FacebookVirus
Hybrid reader
FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2; Sony PRS-350
Look, I'm not arguing the point but of course it's relevant where the buyer is located.

The options I was being shown were all in Canada, *after* I had already given my address in the US. And, no, I'm not going to tell them from which location in Canada to ship the item to me. If they do indeed ship to the US, you would think they would have encountered this topic once or twice before.

Ahem.
FacebookVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #18
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, Red & Black T3, Kobo Glo HD
Where the buyer is located is not relevant to the shipping services offered. Canada Post ONLY offers their own shipping services. Not the USPS or Royal Mail in the UK or anywhere else.

Again, the options shown are the options to ship to you in the US. Just as in the photo that someone posted to this thread. You're confusing Canada Post's services thinking they're for shipping to Canada. They're not. The names of the services are called Canada Post Regular, Canada Post Xpresspost etc. Those ARE the services to ship to you in the US.

If you truly don't understand this then may I politely suggest you not buy outside the US because it's not difficult. It really isn't.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #19
FacebookVirus
Hybrid reader
FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2; Sony PRS-350
I've purchased from outside the US before and never been asked to choose from a list of locations from inside the origin country.

You haven't seen my screen. You're taking this as a personal insult, and although it was never intended that way you're welcome to it.
FacebookVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #20
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3G, Voyage WiFi;FireHD; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacebookVirus View Post
Hmm. It displayed only Canadian shipping options, but maybe I gave up too soon.

edit: I chose my location as US and selected the state, but these are the shipping options available to me. The list doesn't scroll up our down.

Can't add pics here. All this BS is seriously interfering with my reading time.

What makes you think you can't add a picture (pic/photo/image) here to this thread?

We've never stated that.

We do have limits on the size, and we expect our members to read our guidelines and follow them.

Please read our posting guidelines.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
sony t-3, usa, wifi