Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 02-03-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Bookdesigner loading Subtitles?

Hi,
When creating ebooks from html, does anyone know how I can format it in such a way that Bookdesigner is able to load subtitles?
It can deduce titles from heading and BOLD text (or capital lettered text), but seems to autoconvert any subtitles to normal titles.

Anyone any idea on how to make BD recognize subtitles?
Thanks!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you have two titles immediately following one another, the second one will generally end up as a subtitle. Other than that, I'm afraid you just have to convert them. Simply display the element browser tool, display all the titles, select the ones which should be subtitles, and use the "Convert to" box at the bottom to convert them to subtitles. It takes only a few seconds to do.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
depends on what kind of book.
The bible has about 900+ titles that need to be formatted as subtitles.
I know I can convert all titles to subtitles,and then just convert the books like 'Genesis', 'Matthew' or 'Revelation' to titles. That'd give me only 66 books to pick (select)and reconvert.-> less work.

But if I know that perhaps I need to change the color in HTML, or maybe name them Heading 7 or so (<H7>Subtitle</H7>) that it'd work, I'd be much helped this way! (since it's very easy to search and replace the subtitle's heading with whatever needs to be put there in the HTML source).

Last edited by ProDigit; 02-03-2009 at 10:53 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book designer, subtitles