Old 09-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
iain_benson
Connoisseur
iain_benson began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
calibre-debug --update-module

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Also calibre-debug -u has been changed. Instructions for the new way will be in the User Manual when I make the next release.
I just had a quick look through the manual, and found mention of the "calibre-debug --develop-from src" command and the "CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM" variable. Is this the aforementioned "new way"? (The wiki still refers to the old way)

Does it need the whole source tree to downloaded, or can it be used to point at just one file? (I'm still using the hack I made to database2.py to add enhanced SQL statement support!)

Cheers
Iain
iain_benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:52 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, that's the new way and yes it need the whole source tree.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #3
iain_benson
Connoisseur

Thank you, that works wonderfully.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
iain_benson
Connoisseur

So ... just checking ... would I be right to assume that as long as I do a "bzr merge -r tag:0.x.yy" whenever a new version issued, and rerun the calibre-debug command, there is no real need for me to re-download the dmg file.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Depending on the OS, that might cause the main GUI module to not be updated. Also any changes to the C code in calibre wont be picked up.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert