Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Looking for: Tips and Tricks

I know we have tons of useful tidbits of info buried in this forum; the problem is that it is buried!

If people would like to share links to posts / threads that contain valuable info I will see what I can do to summarize / maintain them; either in forum posts, or over on the MobileRead Wiki
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I know we have tons of useful tidbits of info buried in this forum; the problem is that it is buried!

If people would like to share links to posts / threads that contain valuable info I will see what I can do to summarize / maintain them; either in forum posts, or over on the MobileRead Wiki
Sounds like a Big Project. Well worth the effort.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #3
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Well, considering people are posting about offline only calendars it might be good to let 'em know that you can access Google calendars and email through the browser with firmware 2.1.5... If I'm not mistaken I've read in past it wouldn't work.

You do need to pick the older version of gmail, once the new version messes up and grants you the option, then a link to the older version can be saved as a favorite. It works, not wonderfully smoothly, but in a pinch could be pretty handy once you've added direct links to calendars and gmail to the favorites. With a little twiddling about after picking the desktop version of email you can view graphics in the mails too.

It does make the reader's browser a bit more useful if the Touch is all you happen to have handy and need to deal with appointments, email, if your phone died, etc.

Last edited by TechniSol; 11-29-2012 at 11:47 PM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote