Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-18-2018, 09:44 AM   #1
AnnaPS
AnnaPS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre crashes when trying to open window without any message

Hi, I use Win 10 64 bit and I do not use Calibre frequently, so I am not sure since when this has happened (perhaps after one of the Win updates). When I start Calibre 3.29.0 or 3.27.0, it tries to open then closes itself without any error message and no log files to track the issue. Did any of you have such incident? I did not find any related topic like this here or in FAQ. Thank you in advance for any tips.
AnnaPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:08 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@AnnaPS - these sort of problems are most often caused by 3rd party software, such anti-virus and windows shell extensions.

Try starting in Safe Mode, disabling everything in startup, shutting down any anti-virus software etc.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2018, 12:13 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...s-occasionally
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote